Honored Contributor

Re: A beautiful winter wonderland

@catchersmom

Thank you sweetie! Believe it or not it's getting really cold here in Miami! LOL but I guess you all have it worse everywhere else

Hope you had a wonderful holiday too

Esteemed Contributor

With snow in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow, followed by below zero wind chills through the weekend people will be staying indoors. I noticed most of my neighbors who might ordinarily have taken their Christmas trees down have left them up, as have I. I will be indoors, except to clear the driveway if we get more than an inch of snow, so I might as well be cozy and continue to enjoy the trees in my living room and family room. Taking down most of the other Christmas decor except the nativity, which will remain up until Monday.

Trusted Contributor

I am also jealous of all of you who are getting snow, because......I live in a part of the country where it MIGHT snow a half inch once every 4 or 5 years.  I've lived here 6.5 years and it snowed once....melted as it hit the ground.  UGH.

Super Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 Not sure where you live, but I promise you it has been since 1989 since we have seen what we are experiencing now.....

Hurricane Hugo rocked our region that year, and God rewarded us with a beautiful white Christmas. 

Charleston rarely sees what we are seeing today. I am so grateful for it! It brings out the best in every single person. I got to watch my German neighbors (the ones that put  money under their doormat before New Years) take their two year old toddler son out in the snow today....his first time (obviously) and he was so darn cute trudging through the snow. He kept randomnly exclaiming as he hit the snow, and I will forever remember the expressions on his face. His family speaks very little English but we were all able to communicate today and it was so beautiful. 

Smiles and giggles translate all language barriers. It was good to be alive today Smiley Very Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@catchersmom - further North - closer to PI

Super Contributor

@riley1Pawley's Island?? Oh wow, one of my most favorite places in the world....between that and surfside and maggie valley NC.......yep it is a toss up......

I do believe you guys will see some of the winter precipitation......and thanks for letting me know you are not Joe related lol.......I won't get into it here but Mayor Riley took a personal interest in my single parent family when it mattered to me most and for that reason if no other he will always be a personal hero.... Smiley Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

The more I listened to the weather at work the worse it got!  Now they are talking Noreaster.  I worked late but will stay home tomorrow and work remotely plus my knee replacement is less than two years old so I am not taking any chances.

My family is from Charleston, Orangeburg area.  Stay warm and safe.

Honored Contributor

@catchersmom@Luvitorleaveit1@riley1@123SuzyQ123@queendiva

3C4E8850-9959-409B-BF1A-A4A2BBC9588B.png

#bombcyclone

AA14B304-7E43-420D-BEB6-B358DF58C36D.jpeg

Erie, PA mailboxes (3) 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Wow @LTT1 -thanks for the pictures!

Esteemed Contributor

Stay warm all those going through this serious cold spell!  I had to pull out the long heavy duty coat to get to work today I worked from home yesterday during that crazy snowstorm we had but it did look beautiful.  In NYC this weekend still freezing cold below zero temps?  Yikes, unbelievable.