Super Contributor

A beautiful winter wonderland

[ Edited ]

I wish I could get my PC to post pics. Charleston SC is simply majestic right now. So much snow, so serene. 

It feels like a balm to my soul with all the other stresses I have had lately. 

Thanks to the man upstairs for giving us such an amazing post Christmas scene. So glad I left my Christmas lights up! Feels like the holiday happening all over again! 

6 inches and counting Smiley HappyHeart

**ETA soul, not snow....definitely have snow brain haha

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A beautiful winter wonderland

[ Edited ]

It is beautiful when it's fresh my neighborhood looks like a picture.  I'm in NYC and we are suppose to be getting 6-8inches but the windchill minus 25 is what scares me, I don't recall that happening before or at least during my lifetime!  Yikes.

I think I need to invest in some leg warmers so Amazon here I come!!!!  At least I will have them for later.

Esteemed Contributor

@catchersmom A fresh snowfall is beautiful.I used to enjoy it a lot.Not anymore.For me it creates more problems. I worry about my DH & son digging out 3 cars & then having to drive in dangerous conditions!! The icey roads can linger for days.

We are expecting up to 10 inches tomorrow with blizzard conditions.I’m not happy!!

I already told my DH to work from home.Luckily, my son has no classes or work tomorrow !!

Super Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 New Year's Day (the Kaboom day) when I left my house that morning our windchill in Charleston was 5 degrees. I'm 50 years old and NEVER remember hearing Charleston having a 5 degree windchill. 

The winds were blistering cold! It's the whole reason I heavily sprayed my hair......Smiley Embarassed

Super Contributor

@NicksmomESQ Working from home is definitely the way to go! It's what I did today and what I will be doing tomorrow too. 

I often gripe about technology (honestly it's technology that doesn't like ME lol) but it's nice to be able to not drive through all of that weather. 

I'm very happy to hear your husband has that option!

Esteemed Contributor

Charleston looks beautiful!

Super Contributor

@MacDUFF @Andreatoo   I was just thinking about the two of you. Hope you both had a fantastic Christmas!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @catchersmom

Falling snow is serene and as quiet as a whisper...I'm a little jealous.   Enjoy!

Image result for snow gif

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Super Contributor

@MacDUFF definitely etheral and a little on the mystical side.....

the peaceful feeling and overwhelming calm are truly intense....I needed it, and am grateful to have received it.....

here's looking forward to 2018....I'm ready to rock the world Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@riley1 are you close to me Riley? I'm in West Ashley, the part that got slammed with snow today lol.....

every time I see your name I think of "Joe".....he actually played a pretty significant role in my life for a year or so, just curious if your nickname is related to Mr. Joe Smiley Very Happy