Honored Contributor

Re: A Woman Used Her Hand As A "Mask"...............

In my state masks are not required but highly suggested, I was told by a local attorney friend that the government cannot force a person to wear a mask but....each store has the right to enforce mask wearing....or not.

Super Contributor

Does not make sense to me why the entire family went grocery shopping...children should stay at home and one adult should be the designated shopper....

Valued Contributor

Every time I read about or see people not wanting to wear masks because "the government can't make me" my head wants to explode.

This weekend I saw many people out without wearing masks, even though it is supposedly "mandated" in my state.    

I really cannot comprehend the lack of giving a da#m and thinking of only what they want to do.  Never a thought of what they should be doing, for everyone's benefit.  The "I will do as I please because only my wants matter'  attitude disgusts me.

Respected Contributor

Someone I know told me she does that, but she thinks she’s being funny. The way she described it, it seems like a mocking gesture. Yikes, I’d be afraid  of the possible responses ! 😳

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe she can't wear a mask because of breathing problems but her hand wasn't the best solution. It was hot in my area today & I had a heck of a time wearing my mask so I ripped it off as soon as I got outside the store. I have to find something cooler, a cotton mask just isn't going to work for me anymore....ugh.

Honored Contributor

Too many "officials" saying, "hey, wear a mask if you want, don't wear one if you don't want"

It's sad, the lack of leadership and a cohesive message.

I guess I'd better stop there.

Regular Contributor

Image may contain: possible text that says 'NurseKelsey @nursekelsey "If you expect elementary school children to endure the trauma of active shooter drills for your freedoms, you can wear a mask to Costco." -Heidi Freymiller'

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Too many "officials" saying, "hey, wear a mask if you want, don't wear one if you don't want"

It's sad, the lack of leadership and a cohesive message.

I guess I'd better stop there.

Not in my state. ( PA) They are Mandatory to enter a store or place where there are people other than your own home. All resturant, store and other essential2employees must wear them as well.

I have seen people being asked to leave and also on the news after they got arrested for disorderly conduct by refusing to leave.

Honored Contributor

Well, in some places protesters threatened the store owners for infringing on rights.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Well, in some places protesters threatened the store owners for infringing on rights.

Then they should be arrested for threatening people. And banned from the store. Nobody wants to see that while they're waiting quietly in line.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr