Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

A Very Nice Surprise This Morning

When the phone rang this morning, I looked to see who was calling at such an early hour and saw that it was "local" but I did not recognize the name/number.  Usually, I would just block the number, but for some reason, i answered.  It was a call from the organization where I volunteer, and they were doing a wellness check.. I had a really nice conversation with the young women, who was calling from her home.  So unexpected, but very much appreciated.  I have no idea whether this will be a daily occurrence, but it was a very nice surprise.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: A Very Nice Surprise This Morning

My Church is doing this. They are reaching out to give help to those who  need it. It means a great deal to know if you need food and can't get to the store ,or a  scrip filled and have no way to pick it up, there are people waiting  and willing to assist you .

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

My Church is doing this. They are reaching out to give help to those who  need it. It means a great deal to know if you need food and can't get to the store ,or a  scrip filled and have no way to pick it up, there are people waiting  and willing to assist you .

My church is doing the same thing.  So thoughtful and kind.  At least once a weekSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl @sunshine 919 @cherry  That is so very nice 👍 

Respected Contributor

Our church committee also doing this thoughtful act.  I have th I admit DH and I quite shocked to be recipients.  Are we in "that" group?!  Yikes.