Esteemed Contributor

A Troop of Monkeys on the Rampage

Apparently, wild monkeys have been known to attack humans and other animals in India and other locations. 

The latest story I've read was found online where a young mother and father were outdoors with their new born baby and a "troop" of monkeys fought them and snatched the baby from them.  The monkeys threw the baby off of a third floor balcony and died.

The boy’s death comes just a month after a gang of monkeys snatched a 1-month-old baby from his breastfeeding mother in Tanzania on June 18. The boy, identified as Luhaiba, was eventually freed but died from his injuries at a hospital.

Police in Tanzania said similar incidents were “not uncommon” in isolated villages such as Mwamgongo, which is near Gombe National Park.

How scarey is this?  I read this story with jaw wide open because I didn't know monkeys were so mean!!!!

https://www.wionews.com/india-news/monkeys-kill-a-four-month-infant-in-uttar-pradeshs-bareilly-distr...

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Re: A Troop of Monkeys on the Rampage

Monkeys will wage war against another troop of monkeys for resources.

If a human population will venerate a flesh and blood animal and allow them to

"be monkeys" without any consiquances, then the animal will become more intrusive.

India has had a growing problem with the monkey population for years and years.

It's so very sad that they are now stealing the human troops children and killing them.  Because they think they can.

Time to get them out of the city and allow them to be Protected in their natural habitat.

Honored Contributor

Monkeys become dangerous when they're accustomed to being fed by people, then are deprived of what they consider their "due".  I've heard many stories of attacks, especially on tourists who love to give them treats.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Have always disliked monkeys and never sure why people think they are cute etc......

Honored Contributor

And Thailand even rounded them up and are using them in as workers (some US companies boycotting those using monkeys).....in view of the attacks in India
I dont think this is a wise thing to do.....  Kinda scary reminds me of "Planet Of The Apes" movies.....

Walmart follows retailers like Kroger, Costco, Target, Wegmans, Walgreens and Stop & Shop who have stopped stocking and selling the coconut milk after an investigation from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals accused the Thailand-based supplier of using chained monkeys as forced labor to pick coconuts.Jun 7, 2022
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I'll save my judgement. We may not have monkeys snatching children, but we sure do have human monsters with enough firepower to snatch dozens of children in 30 seconds. No law enforcement to stop them either.
Monkeys. Guns. Who has it worse?