Honored Contributor

On Thanksgiving Day, BF and I went for a walk around the neighborhood before leaving for dinner.  This time, we deviated outside of our normal "route" and walked the perimeter of a park.  We decided to take the long way, and outside the entrance to the park there was an envelope in the grassy area alongside  of the road.  I recognized the envelope from the mail order prescription company that I use.  It had been torn open and discarded.  There were two bottles of RX meds (probably a 90 day supply) inside and a refill leaflet with the patient's name/address.  There was no phone number, but with BF's phone we were able to map out the address and locate the house.  It was the opposite direction of our house, but we figured that would be the neighborly thing to do.  We found the house, knocked on the door, but no one answered.  We decided not to stick it in the mailbox, but rather inside of the storm door.  It doesn't look like they use their front door much, so when we got back home we looked up her phone number, left a message from our landline, and explained what happened.  The RX was filled on 11/18, so she may not have even realized that her meds had been stolen, unless she had the tracking information.  

Today there was a message from her thanking us for delivering the meds.  

I am glad that this had a happy ending.  One RX was for Lipitor, so I'm not sure what the policy is regarding insurance if something was "delivered" but not received, and if she would have been able to refill the RX or go 90 days without it until the next time she was able to refill it.

Have you had anything like this happen before?

Honored Contributor

Re: A Thanksgiving "Mitzvah"

I'm afraid the days of getting mailed prescriptions may soon be over.  It's so convenient too.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono you and the BF are good souls.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Definitely a good deed, @lolakimono.  Using your analytic and deductive talents (which so often benefit us here on the board) to do a real kindness for another.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono, this indeed was a mitzvah! Baruch Hashem-this is what we are about-caring for each other...

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Really?  How do you know?

Esteemed Contributor

I think it would depend on the prescription and the doctor if they refill it early.

I doubt they would for a narcotic.

Hubby dropped his Caduet into a sink full of dishes that I was soaking.....and we had no problem getting a refill.....

I am glad that you were able to return their presciption...

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I think it would depend on the prescription and the doctor if they refill it early.

Hubby dropped his Caduet into a sink full of dishes that I was soaking.....and we had no problem getting a refill.....

Do they even mail order narcotics?  I would think with all the recent changes they wouldn't do that.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Do they even mail order narcotics?  I would think with all the recent changes they wouldn't do that.

I don't think so 

has always been hard copy RX 

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

It all depends on the medication, the insurance plan and the pharmacy. We lost hubbies lipator prescription somewhere and we were about to get a 1 time override.

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.