Valued Contributor

Re: A Tattoo on your foot? On a model showing shoes... not a good look

I personally don't buy Skechers.  I tries different ones many times and they all hurt my feet and I have no foot issues.  I prefer other brands.  As far as a tattoo, I dont understand why someone with many tattoos feels the need to tell you "their  story" as why they have so many.  I was standing in line one day to pay for a shirt and this girl in front of me was covered in tatts and she proceded to tell me "her story" of each tattoo. I didn't want to be rude, but I really was not interested.  I listened to her but was very glad when I checked out...

Esteemed Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

I personally don't buy Skechers.  I tries different ones many times and they all hurt my feet and I have no foot issues.  I prefer other brands.  As far as a tattoo, I dont understand why someone with many tattoos feels the need to tell you "their  story" as why they have so many.  I was standing in line one day to pay for a shirt and this girl in front of me was covered in tatts and she proceded to tell me "her story" of each tattoo. I didn't want to be rude, but I really was not interested.  I listened to her but was very glad when I checked out...

That was one person.  Not everyone who has them does that.  Some people are chatty with strangers, others aren't.  Some have tattoos, some don't.  

Honored Contributor

I've never had anybody "explain"their tattoos to me....and I see lots of them all the time.  

Respected Contributor

I am not a big tat fan myself, but my husband and my daughter keep reminding me that my prejudice is generational thinking. Tats are the "norm" today for most people, even if some of us still can't get used to them. To each his own. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I've never had anyone explain a tattoo to me unsolicited.  And I don't think I've ever complimented someone on theirs.

They are so common anymore and many are all connected that maybe my eyesight is getting bad, but I can't even tell what they are usually.

My son has some and I noticed my DDIL had some last summer and I didn't even ask about them. 

They just don't interest me, no biggie.

Esteemed Contributor

I have three tatts, and I have never explained my tatts to a total stranger, out of the clear blue.

Not.

Even.

Once.

She  may have caught you staring at them, and thought that you were interested, or she just might have been making idle conversation to pass the time.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Oh no.  Not someone with a tattoo on her foot.

Between this and the models dancing while showing WWC pants, whatever shall we do? 

Image result for fainting meme

LOVE IT!!!!!! I'm literally laughing out loud, BEST post of the year! @Lipstickdiva Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

By the way, before you pass judgement too much, you should see all the tattoos and piercings many of the amazing scientists have that I work with and  that develop many of the drugs you or family members use to keep yourself alive and healthy. I am sure if they were presenting you with the drug that could keep you alive, like a cancer drug, you would not hesitate to take the drug just because of their "distracting" tattoos. Or maybe you would and then you might just pass up the one drug that could keep you alive. Just something to think about and to keep things in perspective. 

I personally know one young man who works for Merck Pharmaceutical, his job is in a lab, where he works on vaccines. He has long hair past his shoulders and has several tattoos. By the way he is brilliant and a really nice guy.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Doctors, lawyers, CEOs, CFOs, financial planners, plumbers, mechanics, electricians, firefighters, police officers, paramedics.

What do all of these things have in common?

At least one person has a tattoo somewhere on their body.

Try and name a job where no employee can have any tattoos, and I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts, that at least one person in that field does have a tatt somewhere on their body.

Afterall, it's not like employers strip-search their employees to make sure that there aren't any tattoos anywhere.

So, a person can have a very successful career while sporting tatts.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is it commonplace on the forum to shame an OP for their viewpoint? I realize that I'm older than dirt, but what I find offputting is management in a professional environment revealing tatoos on legs, ankles, wrists, nape, etc. Definately NOT a professional look in a hospital environment. If you want to be taken seriously, then cover these things up! I've been told that highly qualified people have been bypassed for a job because of their "ink". Obviously, not at my workplace.

dee