Respected Contributor

Re: A Tattoo on your foot? On a model showing shoes... not a good look

Other than the fact that it might distract from the product they are selling, it wouldn't bother me.  I work at a college and work out at a gym where I see lots of skin........need I say more?  Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I do not think a tattoo is tacky, but I do think it is distracting. If I am selling shoes, I want people talking about my shoes and buying them, not the models and tattoos

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden,

You seem to pick some good topics for discussion. That's what I like about you.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee  I enjoy you and your posts as well!

I  notice that the model is no longer on air with her tattoo wearing the shoes ... so someone noticed  in  I guess and changed her out for a tattoo less model perhaps?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The audience who is buying a product might not be offended by the models who sport their tatoos. I think it's a generational thing. Woman Happy

I'm almost 70, and don't have a problem with it. What generation were you thinking of?

LOL

Honored Contributor

I know there is going to be two sides to this issue.    I am not against anyone having tattoos or having blue hair or having their face pierced.  I  just think when you are modeling, you should be modeling the product, not your own expression whatever that may be.  Taking away from what it is you are showcasing.   

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The audience who is buying a product might not be offended by the models who sport their tatoos. I think it's a generational thing. Woman Happy

I'm almost 70, and don't have a problem with it. What generation were you thinking of?

LOL

@qualitygal,

I'm 61 and I don't have a problem with it either.Woman Very Happy I feel that there may be more people our age that don't like the tattoos than the younger generations. And I think they've become far more acceptable by everyone.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I know there is going to be two sides to this issue.    I am not against anyone having tattoos or having blue hair or having their face pierced.  I  just think when you are modeling, you should be modeling the product, not your own expression whatever that may be.  Taking away from what it is you are showcasing.   

Or maybe a tat can enhance the look of something the model is wearing or selling. Just depends on how you look at it.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me.  It's something I would have noticed, but it wouldn't have turned me off to the presentation. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the video of model with tat but I have no problem with this.

Trusted Contributor

I thought it looked cute!  Over the years I've seen tattoos everywhere...neck, arm, back, ankle area (ouch), feet.  Doesn't bother me at all.  It's 2017, and if someone wants a tattoo(s), why not!