Honored Contributor

Re: A Tattoo on your foot? On a model showing shoes... not a good look

@Plaid Pants2

Whether she'll admit it now or not, I'm willing to bet that she does.

Never heard that piercing your ears = lack of judgement/maturity.

I guess any woman (or man) who does Botox, chemical peels or has any kind of plastic surgery are "deliberately defacing" their bodies too, by that standard.

SMH.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Tattoos, dying grey hair and nude lipstick---these are the most volatile subjects it seems.

I'm guily of two out of three.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

By the way, before you pass judgement too much, you should see all the tattoos and piercings many of the amazing scientists have that I work with and  that develop many of the drugs you or family members use to keep yourself alive and healthy. I am sure if they were presenting you with the drug that could keep you alive, like a cancer drug, you would not hesitate to take the drug just because of their "distracting" tattoos. Or maybe you would and then you might just pass up the one drug that could keep you alive. Just something to think about and to keep things in perspective. 

This is the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen! Like a "HUH?" Moment 😄

It is unfortunate you did not "get" it but honestly not unexpected. Too bad. 

@HappyDaze  Amazing scientists are not modeling shoes or fashion on TV first of all.  Yes, I am sure that  amazing scientists have tats and piercings, but this has nothing to do with this subject. No scientist is selling me Life saving drugs wearing tats. But, your comparison  is entertaining and cute... 🤡

Wanna bet that someone on the pharmacy staff who actually fills your prescription has one?

I was a pharmacy tech years ago and one of the pharmacists had a tattoo on each arm.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

It's 2017 and people shouldn't be discriminated against especially for something that doesn't affect their ability to the job. Which this doesn't at all, 

@jaxs mom  It's one thing to be non-discrimatory in the case of physical impairment or deformity, but another to think poorly of a person who deliberately defaced her body. I would question the judgment and maturity of such a person.   There are many people who don't find tattoos attractive; if you're going to get one you should do so with the understanding that you may face discrimination. 

Nope, it's prejudice plain and simple. Try and justify it all you want. I sure don't need you to tell me that some people are prejudice, I'm well aware. And if I ever forgot, all I have to do is come here. 

In case you don't know, I've had tattoos for a very long time. So feel free to think whatever you want about me, it's only a reflection on you, not me anyway. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I personally don't like tattoos on women anywhere, anytime.  My brain just doesn't get them!

I am also puzzled by models tattooing themselves.

I find them distracting when looking at any apparel.

Hyacinth

The model didn't have the tattoo. The skechers vendor did.  The thread title is incorrect.   

@LipstickdivaPardon me...the sketchers vendor WAS modeling the shoes.  The cameras were on her foot and her tat...she was modeling. 

@SeaMaiden, oh stop it.  She wasn't a model, she is the vendor.  Just admit you misspoke.  In your initial post, you would think that "they" wouldn't use a model who has such a large tattoo to model a ballet flat.   The they you are referring to certainly seems to me to mean QVC.  And QVC isn't using "a model", it was the vendor.  Geesh. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

It's 2017 and people shouldn't be discriminated against especially for something that doesn't affect their ability to the job. Which this doesn't at all, 

@jaxs mom  It's one thing to be non-discrimatory in the case of physical impairment or deformity, but another to think poorly of a person who deliberately defaced her body. I would question the judgment and maturity of such a person.   There are many people who don't find tattoos attractive; if you're going to get one you should do so with the understanding that you may face discrimination. 

Do you wear make-up or color your hair?  If so, you are defacing yourself.

You don't have to like tattoos but you dont' have to be so insulting about them either. 

If someone doesn't like me because of a tattoo, I don't really care. Quite frankly they aren't the type of person I would care to bother with anyhow.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I personally don't like tattoos on women anywhere, anytime.  My brain just doesn't get them!

I am also puzzled by models tattooing themselves.

I find them distracting when looking at any apparel.

Hyacinth

The model didn't have the tattoo. The skechers vendor did.  The thread title is incorrect.   

@LipstickdivaPardon me...the sketchers vendor WAS modeling the shoes.  The cameras were on her foot and her tat...she was modeling. 

@SeaMaiden, oh stop it.  She wasn't a model, she is the vendor.  Just admit you misspoke.  In your initial post, you would think that "they" wouldn't use a model who has such a large tattoo to model a ballet flat.   The they you are referring to certainly seems to me to mean QVC.  And QVC isn't using "a model", it was the vendor.  Geesh. 

@Lipstickdiva  Good Morning to you. 

As far as the tattoo, all I saw was the camera  panning in... focusing in on a foot/ ankle and a shoe and a tattoo along the whole side of the foot.  I had no way of knowing if it was a paid  "model's" foot close up  OR  the Vendor's foot closeup. It does not really matter. They did not specify who's foot it was. At least I did not hear if the vendor said "HERE IS MY FOOT."

Either way, my thread was just to point out that  the tattoo took away from the shoe being the  focus of the closeup... all I was looking at was the long and noticable tattoo on the side of the foot.... not the shoe.    I do not think it is good marketing. MY OPINION PERIOD.

I have NOTHING  against anyone having tattoos... all over their bodies if they chose to. It is their choice. This whole thread was concerning TATOOS when showing a clothing item or a shoe or whatever  for sale with a model( VENDOR OR OTHERWISE) , I FIND  it better to  Not have distracting tatoos.  It is My opinion. Not yours or anyone elses.   No one has to agree with me.    

I am leaving this conversation here.  To all the nasty posts telling me to quit posting etc.... troubling....   When someone can not just have an opinion ON THESE FORUMS  it is a sad story. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Oh, so would you call police officers, firefighters, and our brave men and women in uniform, who fight for our country, not "mature" if they got a tattoo?

Soldiers in WW1 & WW2 had tattoos also.

Would you call them not mature for having them?

Yes.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Tattoos, dying grey hair and nude lipstick---these are the most volatile subjects it seems.

I'm guily of two out of three.Woman LOL

Me too. Guilty of two outta three!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

Like I said, I'm not a fan of tats "personally" - but I'm fine with individual choice. (Except my daughter! Lol)

Think of it this way ...

When I was a senior in high school, I double pierced one ear. My parents practically disowned me.  They were horrified. And then when I was in college, I came home one weekend wearing black nail polish and wasn't allowed to go to lunch at the country club until I took it off. At the time, both things were considered "alternative" and shocking to parents of a different generation, but NOW, they are nothing!  Pretty soon nobody will blink an eye at tattoos either. Myself included. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )