Honored Contributor

Re: A Tattoo on your foot? On a model showing shoes... not a good look

@jaxs mom wrote:

It's 2017 and people shouldn't be discriminated against especially for something that doesn't affect their ability to the job. Which this doesn't at all, 

@jaxs mom  It's one thing to be non-discrimatory in the case of physical impairment or deformity, but another to think poorly of a person who deliberately defaced her body. I would question the judgment and maturity of such a person.   There are many people who don't find tattoos attractive; if you're going to get one you should do so with the understanding that you may face discrimination. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

By the way, before you pass judgement too much, you should see all the tattoos and piercings many of the amazing scientists have that I work with and  that develop many of the drugs you or family members use to keep yourself alive and healthy. I am sure if they were presenting you with the drug that could keep you alive, like a cancer drug, you would not hesitate to take the drug just because of their "distracting" tattoos. Or maybe you would and then you might just pass up the one drug that could keep you alive. Just something to think about and to keep things in perspective. 

This is the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen! Like a "HUH?" Moment 😄

It is unfortunate you did not "get" it but honestly not unexpected. Too bad. 

@HappyDaze  Amazing scientists are not modeling shoes or fashion on TV first of all.  Yes, I am sure that  amazing scientists have tats and piercings, but this has nothing to do with this subject. No scientist is selling me Life saving drugs wearing tats. But, your comparison  is entertaining and cute... 🤡

Wanna bet that someone on the pharmacy staff who actually fills your prescription has one?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I'm sure we come across people every day who have a tattoo that we can't even see.

Most people don't have a visible tattoo or even a visible piercing.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The audience who is buying a product might not be offended by the models who sport their tatoos. I think it's a generational thing. Woman Happy

I'm shy of 63 and it doesn't bother me.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You know I have stopped judging people for how they decide to look.Too many times those so called normal people have let me down but the ones I thought less highly of came through.I had a young man come to work at my house with those huge stretched ears with rings in them.I thought ...great I want a job done and you send me this@@@@@.That was where I thought wrong.This person did the best work and we became friends.I sent him a tip in a thank you card at his place of business.He called me to thank me and said just the card would have been enough but he sure could find a good use for the money. I always requested him after that and he also has helped me with things around the house on his days off.He unfortunately quit his job to become a police officer....don't know how the earrings will work there though.

Respected Contributor

Our police officers and hospital workers here have tattoos. It doesn't stop them from doing their job.

Good grief. It's not even something I worry about.

New Contributor

Not a prob for me!  Seems to me more young people I see have tats than don't.   I think it shows the models are "with it" rather than it being a distraction.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

It's 2017 and people shouldn't be discriminated against especially for something that doesn't affect their ability to the job. Which this doesn't at all, 

@jaxs mom  It's one thing to be non-discrimatory in the case of physical impairment or deformity, but another to think poorly of a person who deliberately defaced her body. I would question the judgment and maturity of such a person.   There are many people who don't find tattoos attractive; if you're going to get one you should do so with the understanding that you may face discrimination. 

Oh, so would you call police officers, firefighters, and our brave men and women in uniform, who fight for our country, not "mature" if they got a tattoo?

Soldiers in WW1 & WW2 had tattoos also.

Would you call them not mature for having them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Kachina624

"deface"??? LOL! LOL!

Guess that means that every woman (or man) who has an ear piercing has "deliberately defaced" their ears, LOL!

And the obese "deliberately deface" their bodies by gaining excessive weight due to poor eating habits?

Oh well, my body, my choice to "deliberately deface" it however I want to.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Kachina624

"deface"??? LOL! LOL!

Guess that means that every woman (or man) who has an ear piercing has "deliberately defaced" their ears, LOL!

And the obese "deliberately deface" their bodies by gaining excessive weight due to poor eating habits?

Oh well, my body, my choice to "deliberately deface" it however I want to.

@KingstonsMom

Good point!

I wonder if she has her ear pierced?

If so, then she has "defaced" her body! *lol*