Honored Contributor

Re: A Social Credit Score....

Just a warning.

This article has a couple hyperlinks which are odd.

@SeaMaiden You might consider deleting all links.

I’d suggest not clicking on anything...might be malware.

Super Contributor

And it's like repeating the same thing a million time makes it true. I've hear this one so many times it's unbelievable and nutty..... no more gas powered cars, no more airplanes and heaven forbid, no more cows or hamburgers. Geeze

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Just a warning.

This article has a couple hyperlinks which are odd.

@SeaMaiden You might consider deleting all links.

I’d suggest not clicking on anything...might be malware.

@sidsmom  Thanks for the heads up. Went back and took them out best I could.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

As horrifying as this all sounds to us, there likely will be a lot of improved behavior because of it.  To a degree I see the positive side of it (holding people accountable for their actions), but the excessive control is a bit overwhelming and frightening to me.  Penalizing a son for his father's actions, for instance, sounds unfair to me.

Sitting on my hands while thinking about I Dreamed a Dream.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

While I can still have them on my own, may I say Thought Provoking.

An horrific example of Big Brother!

@Sooner 

I have no idea as to the point of your post, I only see one person using the term ‘hater’.

But, I do agree, yes, this ‘social credit score’ is another example of the Thought Police, a la Mao.

Monarchy at it’s finest.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I guess my husband is right when he says,"people really are that stupid".

Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

Your words give me a chill:

"While I can still have them on my own, may I say Thought Provoking."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Well, they can take lessons right here!  I do not comment on a lot of topics here now because I know the thought police and people of one mind about certain people will pounce on you forthwith!

The haters call you a hater and accuse you of all sorts of things.  I have found it is usually haters who throw that term around to the rest of us by the way.  Remember the old saying "Takes one to know one?"  Well now it takes one to suspect (because they are biased) one!  

@Sooner, whether I agree with you or not about what happens "right here" (hint: I don't), this discussion is about the government, not private entities or individuals.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Well, they can take lessons right here!  I do not comment on a lot of topics here now because I know the thought police and people of one mind about certain people will pounce on you forthwith!

The haters call you a hater and accuse you of all sorts of things.  I have found it is usually haters who throw that term around to the rest of us by the way.  Remember the old saying "Takes one to know one?"  Well now it takes one to suspect (because they are biased) one!  

@Sooner, whether I agree with you or not about what happens "right here" (hint: I don't), this discussion is about the government, not private entities or individuals.

@suzyQ3  I made a point pertinent to to the discussion.  Whether we discuss actions by governments or the same tendencies by people and non-government groups of like-minded people, it is the same tendency in our society today.  That was my point.

I am not at all surprised that you don't agree with me.  That's certainly part of a discussion.  And you have always made your positions clear.  So there's no problem there for me. 

Honored Contributor

This was on the today show this morning,and nbc news just now, sunday night a special,i find this very scary.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.