Honored Contributor

Re: A Small way to help the Post Office

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

When you get junk mail....and they in close a prepaid envelope....seal that envelope  up empty and mail it back.  The post a Office makes a few cents which can add up  to a nice sum if enough people do this.    I have been doing this for a long time...

@SeaMaiden 

I don't care about the junk mail, but sure wish I had a fireplace for all the paper!   I recycle it.

What I want to know is how do I reduce all the d@$%& junk emails I get!    Anybody have any tricks for that?  

@Tinkrbl44   I know you said you do not have a fireplace but a fireplace is the last place to dispose of paper!

Inks used can emit toxic fumes. 
And while not "junk mail" never burn cardboard and styrofoam, either or anything else that isn't a log.

@Cakers3 

Whoops ... I do know that.  I meant that it might be used as a starter for a  log.   Sorry I wasn't clear.

@Tinkrbl44   LOL  Still a no-no.

We have a fireplace but the only thing I burn are candles. 

We don't need anymore heat!!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Seems totally ridiculous to me.  Sending back all those millions of empty envelopes just creates more mail to be processed.  Since USPS is currently having problems getting mail sorted and delivered, all those empty envelopes just creates more work.  More wasted work.  All those empty envelopes are just slowing down our mail delivery.

Please think.  Don't flood our postal service with empty envelopes.

@tototwo 
Prepaid business envelopes spell MONEY for the USPS...empty or not

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

Seems totally ridiculous to me.  Sending back all those millions of empty envelopes just creates more mail to be processed.  Since USPS is currently having problems getting mail sorted and delivered, all those empty envelopes just creates more work.  More wasted work.  All those empty envelopes are just slowing down our mail delivery.

@tototwo 

@SeaMaiden   And everytime a company has to pay for an empty envelope-this works both ways.

USPS makes a few coin, the company loses a few coin.

Not much of a trade-off, imo.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

@tototwo 

@SeaMaiden   And everytime a company has to pay for an empty envelope-this works both ways.

USPS makes a few coin, the company loses a few coin.

Not much of a trade-off, imo.

@Cakers3  I send back  just the companies  I do not like envelopes.... those that hound me relentlessly. Not good charities  or such.  I get a lot of unwanted junk that should not be sending out anything. 

Honored Contributor

The problems with USPS is not money. 

It is and always has been a management problem going back many, many decades. 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

The problems with USPS is not money. 

It is and always has been a management problem going back many, many decades. 

hckynut 🏒

Completely agree. I can give two examples of where the USPS has problems.

First is their employee health insurance premiums. Much much lower than what regular federal workers and retirees pay.

Another is their payscale. This was several decades ago but I'm pretty sure the situation hasn't changed.

Our secretary at the time, back in the '80s, federal position at Pearl Harbor, applied for and was accepted in the same capacity at the USPS.  Her pay went from a GS-5 at Pearl Harbor to a GS-9 equivalent at the USPS.

The USPS needs a complete overhaul.

Respected Contributor

I haven't received a prepaid envelope in decades.