Contributor

Re: A Sister wife is pregnant (reality show)

Her kids are on the show all of the time. It is just so hard to tell who is who there are so many.
Honored Contributor

I think the show is losing viwers and will off the air soon.I quit watching long time ago.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

I've never even seen that show.....

Honored Contributor

Back when I had cable, I think I watched the first season and maybe part of the second season.  It was when the family was introduced and Robyn was going to be part of the picture.

That chick cried at the drop of a hat.  That alone made me tune out.  For some reason crybabies get on my nerves.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

yep,when Robyn joined..it was all about her!!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

@novadc wrote:

Sure they are getting paid for being on TV.  However, there must have been some financial underpinning (i.e., government welfare) that supported their lifestyle before that.  And not all polygamist families get television contracts.  So my conclusion has long been that at least SOME "families" living that lifestyle rely on government assistance.

Also if the assumption is correct that they are getting somewhere around $50K per episode, that won't go too far in supporting all the kids and houses they have.  The number of episodes per season is somewhat limited, as well. 

Not claiming to know their financial situations, but some people believe that this particular lifestyle in general might just be supported by "gaming the system".

You are correct! They were getting thousands in food stamps before the show. Those amounts are disclosed on all the banktrupcy filing documents which are Google plus a click away.