Honored Contributor

Re: A Sister wife is pregnant (reality show)

[ Edited ]

Since you asked, here is what I think...

I have never watched it, and I have no intention of ever watching it.  The commercials alone make me sick.  I don't know him or his wives, but I think he is creepy.  These women IMO must have very low self-esteem or other issues to want to be in this kind of a relationship.  JMO.

ETA:  I hope this show goes away soon; never to return. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've only watched it here and there. Does this guy have a job or do any work? Or do the wives support everything? For the life of me I'll never figure out how they each had a house built when they don't really seem to have jobs.
Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:
I've only watched it here and there. Does this guy have a job or do any work? Or do the wives support everything? For the life of me I'll never figure out how they each had a house built when they don't really seem to have jobs.

They get paid a mint for the show.

Contributor

I've just always figured that the unwed mothers in that group receive federal and state food assistance available to people in their situation, such as food stamps (SNAP program) and WIC, both administered (I think) by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.

Benefits are no doubt based on how many kids they have, so the more the merrier!

Contributor

That husband is such a tool.  I can't imagine one woman that likes him much less four.  Those women need help.

Esteemed Contributor

@novadc wrote:

I've just always figured that the unwed mothers in that group receive federal and state food assistance available to people in their situation, such as food stamps (SNAP program) and WIC, both administered (I think) by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.

Benefits are no doubt based on how many kids they have, so the more the merrier!

From google:  So the real question, then, is how much does the family get paid per episode of Sister Wives?? Nobody's telling, but from other reality TV show salaries ($250,000 per episode for Kate Plus 8 and $1 million for Sarah Palin's Alaska), we can assume they're getting at least $50K per show.

I doubt they need food stamps at $50,000 most weeks.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sure they are getting paid for being on TV.  However, there must have been some financial underpinning (i.e., government welfare) that supported their lifestyle before that.  And not all polygamist families get television contracts.  So my conclusion has long been that at least SOME "families" living that lifestyle rely on government assistance.

Also if the assumption is correct that they are getting somewhere around $50K per episode, that won't go too far in supporting all the kids and houses they have.  The number of episodes per season is somewhat limited, as well. 

Not claiming to know their financial situations, but some people believe that this particular lifestyle in general might just be supported by "gaming the system".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought Robyn would have gotten pregnant sooner.

Meri was not to bright, to get a divorce. (unless she got half of everything). Maybe, Meri has plans to leave. I hope Meri took Kodi off the deed.

After the show raps up, I see Robyn as the only one staying with Kody. Kody is only in love with her, not the others. I see Kody getting more younger attractive thinner wives, after the other 3 leave.

Honored Contributor

"i think Cody favors Robin over the other her having another baby."

Kody is now legally married to Robyn. I think he is positioning himself to dump the other three wives and make Robyn his one and only.

People have always wondered what Kody did for a living. I read something a couple days ago that described him as an advertising salesman.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

No surprise, she is the "queen bee" and his favorite.