Respected Contributor

Re: A Sister wife is pregnant (reality show)

If those wives are supposed to be examples of happy polygamist wives in that way of life, they've sure failed.

I feel sorry for Janelle.  She and Cody both have checked out of that "marriage".

Christine is very jealous of Robyn in so many ways.  Cody makes it pretty clear that Robyn is his favorite.

Merry can leave any time she wants now.   She's officially divorced and has no kids at home.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

NickNack -- Janelle hasn't said she'd leave but I hope she'll wise up and move on. She's the only one I like at this point.

Lion, do you think Merry would actually leave? I don't see her doing that for some reason. Maybe because of her daughter.
Super Contributor

@tansy wrote:
NickNack -- Janelle hasn't said she'd leave but I hope she'll wise up and move on. She's the only one I like at this point.

Lion, do you think Merry would actually leave? I don't see her doing that for some reason. Maybe because of her daughter.

Thanks Tansy.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

@June2 wrote:
Peaches, I wonder where her other children live? Where they just off camera perhaps? Or living with the Father? Perhaps the Father did not want them on the show.

Her own kids (with her first husband) are Aurora, Dayton, and Brianna.  They do appear on the show, but it is hard to pick them out in the mass of children.  

Last season, the big drama was that Kody was going to legally divorce Merri so he could legally marry Robin, with the intent of legally adopting her 3 children.  Supposedly, they were all afraid of losing the children completely (to the bio dad) if Robyn were to die.  I don't remember what the bio dad had to say about this plan; they did mention that he was not in the picture much.  Of course, even if he is not in the picture does not mean he'd want his children adopted by another man.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lion wrote:

If those wives are supposed to be examples of happy polygamist wives in that way of life, they've sure failed.

I feel sorry for Janelle.  She and Cody both have checked out of that "marriage".

Christine is very jealous of Robyn in so many ways.  Cody makes it pretty clear that Robyn is his favorite.

Merry can leave any time she wants now.   She's officially divorced and has no kids at home.

Hi Lion! Smiley Happy I think it was clear from the beginning of Janelle and Kody's marriage that passion was never there; it was an arrangement to produce children with someone who they thought would be a good partner. (Which is what they both wanted so good for them!) You are right, it seem that they both have "checked out." 

I agree that Christine is very jealous of Robyn! I think Meri hated that Christine seemed to be his fave, and then her plan to bring Robyn on backfired as Robyn is the fave now.  

I don't think Meri will ever leave. I think she's far too dependent on Cody and could never make it alone.  Janelle on the other hand, could leave and be fine! 

Respected Contributor

I really cannot understanding this "marriage arrangement", boogles my mind.

Honored Contributor

Robyn made it pretty clear last season that her priority was to get pregnant again.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched this show a couple of times. They cry entirely too much for me and I am sure this news already has the other wives crying.

I have never seen so many people completely miserable yet totally unwilling to change the circumstances that are making them miserable.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

tansy,  I really don't think Merry would leave, but legally now she really could just walk away if she wanted to. 

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

The last thing this family needs is any more children.