Esteemed Contributor

🙏❤️

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved mom. Surely she would want you to have some joy and happiness today:

Filled With Joy & Happiness... Free Happy Birthday eCards | 123 ...

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Hoping your days get better. Your loss is still new so your feelings seem normal to me.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 I am so sorry for your loss.  NO ONE will ever love you like your mom.  I have had people tell me that we were connected at the hip.  You will never completely get over your loss but you will adapt to the brokenness and your mom loved you dearly so she would want you to live a happy life and know that you carry her in your heart.  I call them unseen footprints as I know she is up there looking down on you!! 

Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

This has been one of the realizations I have had as an adult, I've lost my parents, my only sister, my husband, close family, good good friends, and it never gets easier.  I guess it's something you just don't realize is going to happen to you but it does.  

And I have another family generation growing up who will never know the great people we did.  I am sorry for you loss.

@Bhvbum 

Your words really struck a cord with me. It’s so true you just don’t realize it’s going to happen to you but it does.

And yes!!! Another family generation growing up who will never know the great people we did. Although, I do try to share as much as I can about family members who have passed to the younger family members. But I sure do wish they had a chance to really know them.

To the OP I am sorry for your loss. In time, I hope you find the precious memories with bring more comfort than tears.

Respected Contributor

Your mother sounded like a sweetheart.  Glad you had a special, loving relationship.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Your mother sounded like a sweetheart.  Glad you had a special, loving relationship.

@LyndaGee there wasn't one person that didn't love/like my mother. I can't tell you how many people have told me what a special woman she was, she was kind, generous, and was always willing to help people anyway she could. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

@LyndaGee there wasn't one person that didn't love/like my mother. I can't tell you how many people have told me what a special woman she was, she was kind, generous, and was always willing to help people anyway she could. 

Beautiful.  No wonder why she was so loved.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 Sending you supportive birthday hugs, Jordan.

I know how you feel. Although it will be 10 years since my Mom passed, I still miss her so much. Holidays, her birthday and my birthday are the worst.

My Mom always gave me a "for daugher from your mom" card. She would write special messages to me in the card, telling me how much she loved me and how I was her precious daughter. Her gifts to me varied, and were always something that she knew that I would love and that would always remind me of her. 

I wish I could tell you that it will get easier. I guess it does for some people, but it has not been easy for me. I was very close to my Mom. I would do anything just to get one more hug from her.. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 Your mother sounds a lot like my Mother. My Mother has always been the one in our family to make sure all the birthdays and holidays were celebrated in a special way. Up until she went into assisted care over a year ago, she was still fixing my two brothers and I Easter baskets with a small check enclosed and we are all over 55! I am so sorry she is not there to celebrate your birthday with you in person, but I am sure she is looking down on you, so proud, and sending all her love.