Honored Contributor

A SHORT BEACHY WAVE WIG FOR ANY AGE

Periodically in "Community Chat" people post that the wigs that they are exposed to are not workable for them--  too 'wiggy' looking, or not flattering etc.

So this is for them, here in C.C., in hopes that they will see it and be encouraged!

Experienced wig wearer, "Taz" demonstrates four different colors of "Sweet Talk" by Gabor.  It's wavy, very becoming to most face shapes, a little "untamed" (no helmet head here!) and completely ageless.

I don't think the first two blondes she demonstrates show off the realistic side part as well as the next two "browney blondes".  So if you like, skip to about 5:28 in the video where she's showing the color "Buttered Toast".  You'll see that the part looks like it goes right down to a "scalp" and the lace front that makes it look like hair is growing right out of your scalp.  Then she shows an ashy pecan type color that would make an interesting alternative to gray, I think.

Taz is very honest; one of the things I love about her.  I think she's right when she says "Sweet Talk" can be ornery!  But its waywardness is part of its charm.  Be aware that Taz is tiny, only about 5'2" and with a very small face-- on others with larger bone structure, "Sweet Talk" will not look as big and voluminous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=337&v=_GOzzjR1rL4

Honored Contributor

Re: A SHORT BEACHY WAVE WIG FOR ANY AGE

@Oznell 

That's my hairstyle! So versatile, and flirty! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity that is a cute style.

What did you say to your stylist to get that cut?

Honored Contributor

@dex 

Showed her a picture. She's wonderful, and listens, focused on my style! So very important after several attempts trying various hairstylists. Difficult moving and finding a new skilled stylist the cut is everything! Trust me, This style is easy to achieve various styles, as seen in the video, clips and pins, hair bands. 

Super Contributor

Gorgeous wig.  Looks so natural & wow it’s a great color.

That lace front really looks better than the Hairdo wigs offered here.

Taz is a great presenter.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

I adore that look and haircut.

My hair is naturally curly and going gray (I color).

I've been having it smoothed for several years and, now, growing out the curls.

Struggling to get a decent cut and live with what I've got.

I would love if my hair looked like this naturally, but not sure I could ever achieve it without a wig.

She is so lovely and sweet!

Honored Contributor

I didn't click on the link, so I don't know what it said.  I just want to add that my sister and a dear friend both wear wigs.  One due to several brain surgeries and the other due to hair loss after chemo.  They love their wigs and actually have wardrobes of wigs.  My sister says she changes wigs like she changes lipsticks.  They both take their wigs to their hairdressers to be trimmed and styled.  My sister is tiny with a small face/head so needs her wigs snipped and styled around the face.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the link! I checked it out, the most natural looking wig I have ever seen. Beautiful!  And adorable on Taz.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I should buy that wig! Thanks @Oznell !

It is a duplicate of my hair except I have a little less contrast between my roots and the rest of my hair. I have it cut with a couple of layers and I love the fullness and the fact that it isn't that usual flat hairstyle hairdressers call a "bob."

Honored Contributor

The wig is really nice and natural looking. 

It wouldn't look good on me but I can see this style being popular.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh