Esteemed Contributor

Re: A SAD BUT IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL

@BalletBabe - Thank you for your post is truly is an important messge. I would also add, that we are not always even guaranteed a whole day in today.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@BalletBabe, You should be proud of your son to handle a situation like this.  I am sure he was very considerate and empathetic in this role.  I cannot imagine this mother’s grief.

Accidental deaths are terrible enough, but this?  I pray this mother will have love and support always.  You just go on, but never get over something like this.  May God bless your son, the young man who died a hero, and his mother.

As far as some who interject inappropriate comments, it is usually the same people. Try to ignore, as it is a bid for attention.  Think of a toddler, having a tantrum.

Thanks so much @PamfromCT , that means so much.  I am so proud of my son!  I am lucky in a way that he really don't get deployed, as he is too high in rank now.   He worked very hard to get where he is at.  He is serving his 26th year.  The day he was pinned a chief was the happiest day of my life. 

Toddler having a tantrum is a great description---Thank You again. 

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@BalletBabe   My husbands' last assignment before he retired from the Army was National Guard Advisor in Tennessee. 
  He had to make death notifications also. 
  As a military wife, when he was in Vietnam two years I dreaded seeing Officers coming to my door. That meant notification. 
   It wasn't an easy task for him and his Sergeant to knock on those doors and attend the funerals. 
   Bless your son for his sympathy and concern with his notification. And prayers for the mother whose son died serving his count

@1Snickers    THANK YOU!

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@BalletBabe - Thank you for your post is truly is an important messge. I would also add, that we are not always even guaranteed a whole day in today.

@riley1   So very true!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@NicksmomESQ @spiderw @Cakers3 @jpie 

Thanks to all for your kind words.  This post shows me that the QVC boards are filled with wonderful posters  (except for a few)  

Life would be boring without those "downers."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

wow   

98 people hearted this post.  Thanks to all of you and those that posted such beautiful comments.   blessings to all of you and your families during this Holiday Season!!

This is truely a group of wonderful people on these boards  (((HUGS TO ALL)))

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe 

Please thank your son for his service for me.  I always appreciate all military & first responder men & women.

All they do for us & too many who hate and disrespect them. 

A kind gesture to them is welcomed.

I'm so sorry for the Mom who lost her son, as well as all families & significant others who go through these very difficult times.

Bless their souls  .. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@BalletBabe 

Please thank your son for his service for me.  I always appreciate all military & first responder men & women.

All they do for us & too many who hate and disrespect them. 

A kind gesture to them is welcomed.

I'm so sorry for the Mom who lost her son, as well as all families & significant others who go through these very difficult times.

Bless their souls  .. 

@sceniccoast    I will tell him!  Thank so much.  

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Very true words to ponder. Thinking about your son. Wish one extremely cruel poster had chosen not to open your thread

@AuntG   Me too, and the 3 people that agreed with the post didn't need to do that either.  BUT most on here were very kind and I am grateful to all!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

That is so sad. But sometimes it seems fathers get lost in the shuffle. I realize not all kids have two involved parents but let us remember that these poor victims have dads as well as moms. And it must be equally hard on a father to hear something terrible like this.

A tragedy for everyone.

@Love my grandkids   No he was not lost in the shuffle, but he was not there.  They are divorced and the Father does not live with the Mother.  My guess is that the Father was told by other Navy people that lived closer to him.  From what I am told the Father does not live in Florida.