Esteemed Contributor

A SAD BUT IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL

My son is in the Navy.  He is a Master chief.  He had to go to tell the Mother of a Navy man that her son was shot to death yesterday at Pensacola, that her son didn't make it.  We all love to complain about this and that and I am guilty of it as well.  Let us all remember that tomorrow isn't promised to any of us.   Try to enoy each day to the fullest.  if you pray , please say one for this Mother that had to get this news today.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A SAD BUT IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL

Very wise words. Tomorrow isn't promised and we never know what tomorrow will bring either. Every day is a gift, we need to let people know how we feel about them now, for if we wait, it may be too late. 

Praying for the family of the man who was shot and your son as well. That would be a hard job. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There have been so many killings lately related to gun violence. I pray for anyone affected by such senseless, savage and callous disregard for human life. It makes us that much more aware that it can happen to anyone, at anytime. My thoughts and prayers of solace go out especially to the MOTHERS, because their anguish is the deepest.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe  Yes, I read about that horrible incident.  I can imagine how difficult it was for your son to have had to notify a mother of her son's death.  My prayers go out to all involved in  this senseless killing.  We hear way too much of this day after day,  I will also pray that someway, someway it will cease.  God Bless each and every one of us.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe  How sad, and at Christmas time, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Very wise words. Tomorrow isn't promised and we never know what tomorrow will bring either. Every day is a gift, we need to let people know how we feel about them now, for if we wait, it may be too late. 

Praying for the family of the man who was shot and your son as well. That would be a hard job. 

@happycat  Thank You!   He was only 20 years old.  I cannot imagine them knocking on my door to give me that news.  

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe   So sad.  This sad news reminds me about the UPS driver that was killed while working a few days ago.  He was working for another driver that day. People just doing their job and trying to feed their family. 

I was at UPS today picking up a package and the people trying to help us get our packages are so unappreciated during this time.  People were standing around complaining while this poor woman was trying to help everyone as fast as she could.  One woman with a young daughter makes a snarky comment about the worker, and I thought what a horrible example she was showing her daughter.   

My heart goes out to his family and I will certainly say a prayer for this Mom, who heard the worst news today.  .

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe   How sad!! My heart hurts for that mother.My mom used to always say that we should live our best lives today because tomorrow is never promised.

Sometimes we often get caught up in our day to day b.s. & forget that each day is a gift. My son just found out that his friends dad has lung cancer. We are reeling from the news.I bumped into him just about a month ago in CVS. He was telling me how he couldn't wait to attend my son's wedding next fall.We reminisced about how our kids played together as kids.Now we are all praying he's around for the wedding.

There but for the grace of God go I !!

I will pray for your son & the mom he delivered the news to.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@BalletBabe   How sad!! My heart hurts for that mother.My mom used to always say that we should live our best lives today because tomorrow is never promised.

Sometimes we often get caught up in our day to day b.s. & forget that each day is a gift. My son just found out that his friends dad has lung cancer. We are reeling from the news.I bumped into him just about a month ago in CVS. He was telling me how he couldn't wait to attend my son's wedding next fall.We reminisced about how our kids played together as kids.Now we are all praying he's around for the wedding.

There but for the grace of God go I !!

I will pray for your son & the mom he delivered the news to.

@NicksmomESQ   It was so strange because he texts me daily.  When I heard it on the news yesterday, I sent him a text and he didn't respond.   He is at the MacDill base here and all I could think about is Thank God he wasn't at Pensacola.  I had no idea until he sent me a text tonight.   I am sure he is taking it hard.  He just buried another Navy guy that commited suicide and one that passed from cancer.   It just makes you sit back and think how precious life is and that we need to enjoy everyday!  Thanks for the prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@happycat  Thank You!   He was only 20 years old.  I cannot imagine them knocking on my door to give me that news.  

@BalletBabe, me either. Thats just horrible.