Esteemed Contributor

This weekend the Perseid meteor shower peaks.  Hope y'all have a dark place and a cloudless sky overhead.

https://www.space.com/32868-perseid-meteor-shower-guide.html

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Reminder For Skywatchers

As usual, we have serious cloud cover, along with rain.  I am hoping that in the very early hours that we will be able to see some of it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Mars is also very bright in the sky.  I've been watching it for about a month now, and it should remain bright for another month or so.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That must be why our neighbor had his huge telescope set up out in his back yard.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. Love Astronomy and I wasn’t aware of this. I hope it won’t be too overcast for me to be able to view it. 

Honored Contributor

When my kids were younger we'd always make a point of vacationing in upper MI on Aug 11 every summer specifically to get a birds eye view of this phenomenon of the nighttime sky! We had our favorite spot on the beach of our favorite lake (where we live now) and sit along other star watchers and watch this beautiful meteor shower. Awesome!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

We're close enough to a couple major fires, we haven't seen clear skys all month.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wouldnt you know it....our area has been in drought conditons...so what happened when it was time for the Meteor Showers---we get several days of rain and cloudy skies... Im very thankful for the rain though

Have seen this event in the past and enjoyed it!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I live in Vegas, no dark places around here to spot anything going on in the night sky.