Respected Contributor

Re: A QUICK LIBRARY RAID YIELDS RESULTS

@Oznell 

Thank you! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I've read all of SG's books.  Enjoyed most of them.  I'll have to check out Ross MacDonald.  Never heard of him.  Currently reading Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Fer sure ! @Sooner   Kitty Kelley was suppose to had written 1 on him yrs ago, but, all of a sudden, it went Poof !  Think I can figure out why. I've read some on him. Sad beginning, but, with the help of his Uncle Mountbatten he ended up OK. Had to lose a little pride along the way, but,we, all have to compromise along the way.

@SharkE I have read about him before, of course, but even the first chapter or two wow he had a hard beginning.  Makes me think some today don't really understand what a hard life is--even for people who had money, lost money, or had titles (which with money will get you some coffee). 

I do love his attitude of get up and get on with it though.  That's about all that gets you through sometimes when the going gets tough. . . God bless all who have some times to get through I say!  

Honored Contributor

yeah, how would you like to be Laundrie's parents right now ?

Yikes, I"d go to a hotel. Idiots standing outside your house night and day I'd call the law.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell : Thank you. One of my favorite authors. When I was younger and single really loved to read and especially to escape from my stressful job. Now when I get a chance to sit down I always fall asleep.😀❤️

Esteemed Contributor

t@Oznell, Thank you for your post.

I read Sue’s books years ago and always enjoyed them.  

Nowadays I rarely read fiction, mostly quite serious topics.  Except for English history, going down to the present day royals.  Like getting my quota of gossip, I guess.

Maybe I’ll have to consider Sue’s books once more.  So engaging and well written.  Sue passed away before her time.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw,  what an intrepid journalist you would have made, with your people skills and your intellectual curiosity.  But your counseling career is one I'm sure you wouldn't trade-- nothing more gratifying than reaching out to those in deep trouble, and at risk...

Me too, @SouthernBee  and  @PamfromCT ,   I had gotten away from the series for awhile, but went back and was glad to see that that high standard held up all the way... 

Of course, there are always a few that are less appealing, but could still see quality.  So many authors start off with a flourish, but can't keep it up for the long haul...

Esteemed Contributor

One of my first go-tos would be Iris Murdoch.  

Nicholas Sparks would also factor in.  For "light" digestible fare, Rosamunde Pilcher.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia--  oh, yeah, Iris Murdoch, what a bright light of serious literature she was.  Never-fail.

Trusted Contributor

This should have been posted in the Book Club forum.  There are lots of readers there who love a good series.

I read the Grafton series years ago.  I loved to read about Kinsey's minimalist lifestyle and the supporting characters as well as the mystery plots. 

This is the series that started me on my love of good mystery series.  I recommend the Wind River series by Margaret Coel and the Clare Fergusson series by Julia Spencer Fleming.