Respected Contributor

A Phrase That Just Gets To Me

Buy as many as you want, like it a special offering. When have you ever heard that you're only allowed to buy just one. Maybe I am wrong. This was from a well seasoned host and I have heard other make the same statement. Dumb sales pitch to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Phrase That Just Gets To Me

Another phrase I dislike is, "We're giving you..." No, you're SELLING not giving. 

Honored Contributor

Buy a black one and a white one......and then get a color

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Listen carefully and follow the fine print and you'll see and hear the "limit 2(or 3 or 4, etc.) to a customer" quite often.  I just came from Costco and they almost always have a few sale items that are limited -  most retailers do it to prevent resellers from buying the whole inventory.

It's a gimmick - just ;ike flex pay or free shipping and changing the price at noon or midnight and.....

Trusted Contributor

The Phrase " CONGRADULATIONS to those who got in on that one!"

Like buying something is like winning something.....please!

Esteemed Contributor

Hahahaha, I agree luvdoodles.  That's got to be one of the silliest, and sometimes annoying, thing said on qvc.  Pat is famous for saying "you're welcome to go ahead and order as many as you want".  I think to myself, "am I Pat?  Gee thanks".  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

Buy as many as you want, like it a special offering. When have you ever heard that you're only allowed to buy just one. Maybe I am wrong. This was from a well seasoned host and I have heard other make the same statement. Dumb sales pitch to me.

Frequently, actually. Right now my grocery store even has a sign up explaining that each customer is only allowed two Blue Bell Ice Cream products until they get more in stock.

After the laws were passed that made people show identification to buy some over the counter cold and allergy medications, I had to go in and buy a new box of 10 Sudafed 24-hour tablets every 9 days. I tried to buy two at once so that I didn't have to go to the only store that carried them at a reasonable price, but the law did not allow me to buy more than one at a time OR buy some too quickly. (I had to wait at least 5-7 days and couldn't buy 2 packages in 3 days.)

I sort of wish we'd see more of this, especially for limited edition items and sets. I hate that people buy everything they can at a limited edition event and then turn around and sell them at exorbitant markups on ebay.

Super Contributor

here's the thing

can I just say

its a dollar a day

skip your daily latte and get this

the price tag is great

wear this for apple picking.  ????who does that?

I'm OBSESSED.   Omg

i'm FREAKING OUT over this. 

And Isaac like like like like like like its everything

Respected Contributor

Ya'll are on a roll today!

How about "...for the holidays coming up..."  We pretty much always have a "holiday" (stretching the "holy" in "holiday" more than a bit) coming up:  Halloween, Thanksgiving, the real holy days observed by many during Dec, New Year's, THE BIG GAME (ha!), Valentine's Day, blah, blah, blah

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

Not watching, but where is the "one for you, one for the teacher, one for the dance instructor, one for the UPS guy, one for the nail girl, and you still get the buy more save discount.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."