Valued Contributor

A Photo of Yellowstone Bear, Blaze, With a Cub a Few Years Ago

This is a photograph taken by a gentleman from Wyoming who goes to Yellowstone regularly and takes photos.  This is Blaze with a cub from a few years back.  He has photos of her throughout the years with different cubs.  He does great work.  I thought some of you might enjoy this photograph.  I know this thread has the potential of turning nasty but I would so appreciate for that not to happen.  Not being naive, just hopeful.

grizzly-bear-james-yule-dpc.jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: A Photo of Yellowstone Bear, Blaze, With a Cub a Few Years Ago

THANK YOU!  What a beautiful picture of mom and her cub.  The photographer sure captured a great picture of them.

Again, thanks for sharing!  By chance, do you know the photographer's name?  TIA

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

His name is James Yule.  Google him.  He is very talented.  He won an award for this photo.

Edited to add:  http://www.defenders.org/magazine/summer-2012/wild-moment

Respected Contributor

Cute. Baby animals are so adorable.  We watch a lot of NatGeoWild and it's amazing how small they are compared to adults.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much.  When we were out in the Yellowstone/Jackson area of Wyoming, we purchased a few Thomas Mangelsen photographs. 

This is yet another photographer I will check out.  Thanks so much for sharing the info.

Respected Contributor

While Wyoming Wildlife magazine deals with hunting and such, they have some amazing photos in it.  This month had a baby Pronghorn in it.  I almost never see them in the wild, babies stay hidden as a rule.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Dell1...Thanks for posting such a cute photo.Heart

Respected Contributor

grizzly victom.png

This is Lance Crosby, he was 63 years old. He was attacked, killed and a signigant amount of his body was consumed by Blaze, with the remainder of his body cached to be eaten later..........he worked as a nurse, at an urgent care facility in Yellowstone........let's not foget, he was the FIRST victim...........may he RIP..................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Contributor

Blaze was beautiful and obviously, a devoted and protective mother to her cubs. Wild animals HAVE to be ferocious protectors of their offspring because there are so many threats to their survival--chief among them mankind. People who go hiking or camping or biking in wilderness areas have to understand that they're encroaching on territory that rightfully belongs to the wild animals that were born there.

It's tragic what happened to Lance Crosby. But, IMO, it's also tragic when wild animals are killed simply for doing what nature bred them to do. Now I hear that Blaze's cubs will be sent to a zoo. Why? What's the purpose of depriving them of their freedom? Revenge?

There's no reason to believe they will grow up to be 'killers' just as there's no reason to believe Blaze ever would have attacked anyone else.

Rest in peace, Mister Crosby. No one with any feelings would consider your death anything less than a tragedy.  But may Blaze rest in peace also. And the cubs she so loved have the happy, safe lives they're entitled to.

Trusted Contributor

Thankyou Raven