Respected Contributor

A New Year for the Back Fence

Fence needed shoring up so did some of it - with all the leaning on it, it sometimes gets a bit wobbly. That's ok, we are good at fixing it back up. This Fence has been here about 20 years I believe - at least 15. Good friends have come and gone and we still have some stop by that were here when it was built. Cannot remember but we use to have a doggie who would drive all through the various states from time to time and pick up people to bring them here to visit. The doggie lived with JodyNC and she had her on nick and thread here on the boards - it was a lot of fun. Am sure either Queen or Yock will remember the critters name. Wait a minute - I think that was Violet - if I am wrong am sure someone will catch it but I think that was her name. She also had a great sense of humor when she would write. I believe Violet crossed the Rainbow Bridge but Jody is still around - sure wish she would stop by.

Am leaving some coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate - now we can't do any better than that can we? Also am leaving some pumpkin bread - it is so yummy - especially with cream cheese on it.

Had my Southern New Year's Day meal, black eyed peas, corn bread and had collards with them. Sometimes I fix NC slaw instead of the collards but today it was collards. Sure was a good meal. Saw Don out in his yard and fixed a plate for him - he has never had the peas or collards - can't wait to hear what he has to say about it but he was sure game to try them and appreciative. He was out taking care of his birds and his multitude of cats and two dogs - he collects critters. He has lived there a good 20 years plus - rented until about 2 years ago and bought the place. He has always lived alone but is a very good and QUIET neighbor. He works for our school district.

I hope it is a great year for all - and let's try and get some of the original posters back and as usual always want to see new ones and of course our continuing posters - what a neat group of people you all are. Stay warm.

By the way, Conrad is sure hogging MY bed these days. He is use to the steps but occasionally stumbles on that last big step he has to make. LOL. Anyway, he has already climbed up on MY BED and is sound asleep. Geesh.