Honored Contributor

Re: A New Take on Dangerous Dogs

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

First off, I would never have admitted that the dog did it.  Especially if it was my stupidity in the first place.

Yeah, I read that story w/ 'raised eyebrow'.

You know ER has seen every...thing.

Not sure what she would be covering up, but sounds...odd.

"The dog did it" could be the new "I slipped in the shower" ER excuse! 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

I didn't think about it that way.   Many many years ago my dog and my Ma's dog got into a fight.  Of course, I got between them and was bitten.  I didn't give it another thought until I got infected and visited the ER.  Keep in mind, urgent care centers weren't around or I would have gone there instead.

I remember the ER doctor saying, that's a dog bite, I'll need you to fill out a report.  I said, I know it's a dog bite, and aside from knowing conclusively that the dog in question was fully vaccinated, I don't remember a thing.  

I'd swear he debrided the wound even harder for that, lol.  

Like I was going to narc on my dog.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I just hope no one leaves a gun on this puppy's counter!!

Honored Contributor

Wow.

I had a boxer that full on jumped on my counters.  All 4 legs up there.  She never did it in front of me though. 

One day I came home to see her standing in the middle of the dining room table.  I obviously caught her off guard because her eyes got big as saucers when she saw me standing there and then she jumped down and ran under the bed.

Another time I was outside doing yard work and looked in the kitchen window because I thought I saw something odd and there she was, on top of the countertop looking around.  Odd thing was, there was bread up there but she never took it.  I don't know what she was doing.

I knocked on the kitchen window and she jumped down and I went in the house scolded her.  But I really didn't know what to do because she never did this while we were home.       

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

First off, I would never have admitted that the dog did it.  Especially if it was my stupidity in the first place.

Yeah, I read that story w/ 'raised eyebrow'.

You know ER has seen every...thing.

Not sure what she would be covering up, but sounds...odd.

"The dog did it" could be the new "I slipped in the shower" ER excuse! 

Had a friend who recently went  to the ER with a black eye and possible broken nose, yep the dog did it.  Stuff happens.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.