Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I would stay away from moth balls, which contain known carcinogens. There is a strong warning on the label.

Years ago, a tiny little moth apparently hitchhiked on my clothing from a store I shopped in.  I don't know how the little b* reproduced, but I started to see at least a couple a day.  Concentrated lavender oil on cotton balls in the closet and cedar chips in the closet didn't work. I was really upset and literally tossed just about all my wool and cotton clothes so the larvae wouldn't have anything to feed on.  What did work were the sticky pheromone traps (Allure is the brand name) hung in the closet. It took several months, but they were all caught in the traps and died out.

When I come back from shopping in clothing stores now, which isn't too often, I "frisk" myself before entering the door.

@SaRina

Moth balls are very dangerous ..... I recall my mother put some into all the crevices of our living room sofa the one year our dog got a very bad case of fleas .... to prevent them from getting into the furniture.   We all had serious sinus problems as a result!   Terrible!