Esteemed Contributor

Re: A MAN'S BIRTHDAY GIFT FOR HIS WIFE

@Skididdy wrote:

Very very sweet story.  What a birthday !!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting @Lindsays Grandma...you could interpret the lessons in this many ways...I just choose to take it at face value....sweet sweet story.

Hi Skididdy, Your reply shows insight, you have the ability to see several parts to an equation.  I don't remember ever seeing you on the boards before, it is a pleasure to meet you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Cute funny joke.  I showed my DH, he laughed too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma I know this is all in fun, but the wife's comment to a man who was trying to give her a happy day just struck me wrong. Sorry to be a killjoy but that's just my take on it.

I knew a woman who did this to her now ex-husband for years until he got fed up and divorced her. Our friends asked each other "what took him so long?" LOL

@Love my grandkids I have to agree with you. While I see the humor, it's sort of unfortunate. There's quite a bit of subtle andsterotypical of days  not so subtle man-bashing that takes place on these boards and so much of it from some of the very same folks whose mantra otherwise is purported to be all sweetness and light and all about supporting one another... Some of it seems gone by... Sometimes it's cute, often it's not... 

Stevieb, I usually agree 100% with your comments, not this time.  To depict people the way you did in the underlined portions above is insulting and unfair.  Particularly in regard to the joke, it is after all, a joke, not to be taken seriously or in the wrong context.  It was not meant to be man bashing but if that is the way you see it so be it, that is your choice but please do not put labels on things just because you don't agree with them.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

DH gave me a beautiful pair of pearl and diamond earrings for our anniversary several years ago. Totally unexpected. He said he bought them because as soon as he saw them, they reminded him of me...how sweet...but I already have them and wear them all the time...so they do, indeed, remind him of me! Wasn’t mad at him, just a reminder of how very male he is!
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess too funny.   My husband bought me a sweater once and said when he saw it, he thought it looked like something I would wear.  Well, yeah, because he bought me the same exact one before. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why are people taking this so literal??? Another incident where people are walking on eggshells afraid to even post something lighthearted without worrying if it’s going to offend somebody. Geez! Lighten up women. You can be your own worst enemy. This was a joke and it’s funny! Men do need to be told everything explicitly or sometimes they just don’t get it. Visual pictures can help them too LOL! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma I know this is all in fun, but the wife's comment to a man who was trying to give her a happy day just struck me wrong. Sorry to be a killjoy but that's just my take on it.

I knew a woman who did this to her now ex-husband for years until he got fed up and divorced her. Our friends asked each other "what took him so long?" LOL

@Love my grandkids I have to agree with you. While I see the humor, it's sort of unfortunate. There's quite a bit of subtle andsterotypical of days  not so subtle man-bashing that takes place on these boards and so much of it from some of the very same folks whose mantra otherwise is purported to be all sweetness and light and all about supporting one another... Some of it seems gone by... Sometimes it's cute, often it's not... 

Stevieb, I usually agree 100% with your comments, not this time.  To depict people the way you did in the underlined portions above is insulting and unfair.  Particularly in regard to the joke, it is after all, a joke, not to be taken seriously or in the wrong context.  It was not meant to be man bashing but if that is the way you see it so be it, that is your choice but please do not put labels on things just because you don't agree with them.

@Lindsays Grandma Did you write this joke? Otherwise I don’t understand your sensitivity to some of the comments. I found the joke LOL funny. I also found many of the comments made after it true.

I don’t see a problem.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma Did you write this joke? Otherwise I don’t understand your sensitivity to some of the comments. I found the joke LOL funny. I also found many of the comments made after it true.

I don’t see a problem.

No, I didn't write the joke,it was sent to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

Why are people taking this so literal??? Another incident where people are walking on eggshells afraid to even post something lighthearted without worrying if it’s going to offend somebody. Geez! Lighten up women. You can be your own worst enemy. This was a joke and it’s funny! Men do need to be told everything explicitly or sometimes they just don’t get it. Visual pictures can help them too LOL! 

Thank you.  Heart

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Cute story! Smiley Very Happy