Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: A MAN'S BIRTHDAY GIFT FOR HIS WIFE

It's a sweet story.  However, her snarky reply ruined it.

Honored Contributor

When we can't get over ourselves to laugh at a simple joke, this world is in real trouble. 

Very funny @Lindsays Grandma!  It made me smile and laugh today and for that, I thank you very much.  Heart 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma I know this is all in fun, but the wife's comment to a man who was trying to give her a happy day just struck me wrong. Sorry to be a killjoy but that's just my take on it.

I knew a woman who did this to her now ex-husband for years until he got fed up and divorced her. Our friends asked each other "what took him so long?" LOL

@Love my grandkids I have to agree with you. While I see the humor, it's sort of unfortunate. There's quite a bit of subtle and not so subtle man-bashing that takes place on these boards and so much of it from some of the very same folks whose mantra otherwise is purported to be all sweetness and light and all about supporting one another... Some of it seems sterotypical of days gone by... Sometimes it's cute, often it's not... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma.  Love it. So true. Lol 😂 

Honored Contributor

No wonder men tune out their wives or SO.  They're dammed if they do and dammed if they don't so why even try!!?? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@06greatwife wrote:

The moral of this story: There are many a woman on this earth who would love a husband that sweet and caring. 

Best response!

🌼💛👏🌼💛👏🌼💛👏

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@mousiegirl Maybe pics would help DH😊 Leaf lettuceAFDB0311-6668-405A-880A-F9C5957CA495.jpeg

I’m joking with you ♥️

@butterfly123  I have given him labels also, sometimes it works, lol.  I asked him once to buy a chunk of horseradish, and he came home with a football sized piece, lol, cut it up and put it in the freezer, lasted for years, lol.

Honored Contributor

love this thanks for the belly laugh, this is a cute story.thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

When we can't get over ourselves to laugh at a simple joke, this world is in real trouble. 

Very funny @Lindsays Grandma!  It made me smile and laugh today and for that, I thank you very much.  Heart 

Thank you Laura14, I am totally shocked at the negative comments made over a joke.  Why anyone takes a joke seriously is beyond me and I'm glad you enjoyed it.   Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

If one is really negative & has a man who always ‘does it wrong’,

I suppose it would be funny, 

🤷‍♀️

but for the most of us, we have a Man who does it right.

Oh so right!!

Positive attracts positive. 

Ladies, do you agree??!

🎶If I was you, I’d wanna be me too🎶