Esteemed Contributor

A MAN'S BIRTHDAY GIFT FOR HIS WIFE

[ Edited ]

A man was sitting on the edge of the bed watching his wife, who was looking at herself in the mirror.  Since her birthday was not far off, he asked what she would like for her birthday.  Still looking in the mirror she said "I'd like to be eight again."

On the morning of her birthday, he rose early, made her a nice big bowl of her favorite Coco Pops and then took her to Adventure World Theme Park.  What a day!  He put her on every ride in the Park.  Her head was reeling and her stomach felt upside down.

He then took her to Mc Donald's where he ordered her a Happy Meal with extra french fries and a chocolate shake.  Then it was off to a movie, popcorn, a soda pop, and her favorite candy, M&M's.  What a fabulous adventure!

Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed exhausted.  He leaned over her and lovingly asked, "Well Dear, what was it like being eight again?"  Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed.  "I meant my dress size, you stupid idiot."

The moral of this story:  Even when a man is listening, he is gonna get it wrong.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: A MAN'S BIRTHDAY GIFT FOR HIS WIFE

@Lindsays Grandma I know this is all in fun, but the wife's comment to a man who was trying to give her a happy day just struck me wrong. Sorry to be a killjoy but that's just my take on it.

I knew a woman who did this to her now ex-husband for years until he got fed up and divorced her. Our friends asked each other "what took him so long?" LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  The woman said she would like to be eight again, not "an" eight, so I would have interpreted it the same as the husband, but the listening part is funny.  My DH never listens, but even when I type a list, he brings the wrong items home, lol.

Super Contributor

The moral of this story: There are many a woman on this earth who would love a husband that sweet and caring. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl Maybe pics would help DH😊 Leaf lettuceAFDB0311-6668-405A-880A-F9C5957CA495.jpeg

I’m joking with you ♥️

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids

I agree with you about the woman's reply.  It was too snarky.

But, it was a really funny joke.

Honored Contributor

TOO CUTE!

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

Too funny! and so True!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

I love this guy!...What a sweetheart!...Now, after her snarky reply, he should top it all off and surprise her with a size 8 dress and a weight watchers subscription! Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

Very very sweet story.  What a birthday !!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting @Lindsays Grandma...you could interpret the lessons in this many ways...I just choose to take it at face value....sweet sweet story.