Honored Contributor

Re: A Love Story in France OR How our countries approach the teacher/student relationship so differe

If they are happy, I'm happy for them.  Age really is irrelevant to day.  If their ages were reversed, we wouldn't even be talking about this.  I do think that while she is super thin and dressed to perfection and takes great care of herself....she doesn't look young.  If I had to guess, I would have said she's mid 50ish. 

Respected Contributor

Re: A Love Story in France OR How our countries approach the teacher/student relationship so differe

I wonder how touching her three children found it when she broke up  her family for a 15 year old.

Respected Contributor

Cougardom at its finest! Go Cougardom!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

La Pervert.

IMHO married now or not - high school (and younger) students should ALWAYS be off limits. There is something wrong with all these predator teachers. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Looks like it will be a run-off between Mr. Macron and Ms. Le Pen.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

If they are happy, I'm happy for them.  Age really is irrelevant to day.  If their ages were reversed, we wouldn't even be talking about this.  I do think that while she is super thin and dressed to perfection and takes great care of herself....she doesn't look young.  If I had to guess, I would have said she's mid 50ish. 

I have no problem with a love match that's many years apart.  But a student/teacher relationship is an entirely different thing.  And I would certainly be talking about it whether the younger one was male or female.

I also think she looks every bit her age, if not older.  My friends in their 60's look far younger than she does.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I have no problem with a love match that's many years apart.  But a student/teacher relationship is an entirely different thing.  And I would certainly be talking about it whether the younger one was male or female.

I also think she looks every bit her age, if not older.  My friends in their 60's look far younger than she does.

ITA.

...and the fact a 15,

(pause for effect),

f.i.f.t.e.e.n.....

year old boy was attracted to a 40-yr old woman is,

at the very least, creepy.  The older one gets, the less of

an issue the difference is.   The 24-yr difference when

the younger is 18-22 (college age) can still raise eyebrows, 

but the stigma of a 24-yr age difference is almost

non-existent beyond the age of 22ish.

I would gather her kids from 1st marriage would be the same age 

as her 2nd/current husband, yes?

#LifetimeTVMovieIdea

Honored Contributor

Is it the age difference or the fact she was his teacher? 

The article pointed out the age difference is the same as the current First couple.

Respected Contributor

Her tiny legs look they would snap like a twig if she gets osteoporosis which she may have already.  

Trusted Contributor

She looks like his grandmother!!!!!