Honored Contributor

A Love Story in France OR How our countries approach the teacher/student relationship so differently

[ Edited ]

I just read this about one of the major candidates in France's upcoming election. It is interesting how our cultural differences can exist. And can you believe she's 63? She doesn't look it. But when it comes to love and romance, I guess the French have always put that above everything else! Smiley Wink

French presidential contender Emmanuel Macron’s unique love story

Honored Contributor

Re: A Love Story in France OR How our countries approach the teacher/student relationship so differe

"They met when he was a high school student and she was his teacher."

Say what?

(raised eyebrow)

Honored Contributor

Re: A Love Story in France OR How our countries approach the teacher/student relationship so differe

"Vive le difference!"

Honored Contributor

Here's the US version of that....She's way older than he is, but they married.  

I saw an update interview with them and it's hard to pinpoint it but he seems unhappy.  He doesn't say it, but he just didn't seem very happy.  Maybe it was my imagination....

http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/mary-kay-letourneau.htm

I like the part where in @sidsmom her article the person says (paraphrasing), We won't pinpoint it but it's (?) at what point it became (whatever).  In other words they aren't saying when they first did the deed because there's a chance she'd be arrested....or am I reading it wrong?

I say "Whatever".  If it happened in the US and it was one of my daughter with a teacher I'd put their butt in jail.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

And can you believe she's 63? 

Yes....yes I can believe she's 63.  

IMG_1337.jpg

Honored Contributor

She has a nice figure, but her face shows she is not near his age group.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be deemed as political.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could care less later on in life...but as a 15 year old student he was interested in his 39 year old teacher....not an appropriate relationship. ( And, yes, her face reveals her age.)  Age is of no concern once you are an adult; however, student/teacher relationships are off limits as a child/teen.  

Honored Contributor

For me, the whole thing is ick . . . I know many relationships don't always start off on the right foot but when you are talking teacher/student that is just wrong . . . . sorry but just no.

Honored Contributor

So we are supposed to embrace this?  No thanks.............And for the record she looks like his mother.