Respected Contributor

A Little Something to Make your Thanksgiving Even Brighter

[ Edited ]

Today I was looking into one of my seldom used cookbooks and came upon this card from QVC.   It starts out with A Little Something to Make Your Thanksgiving Even Brighter.   Choose Easy Pay on Request and extend your Payments.  It then tells me that I can request 6 easy payments on any new item over $50.00 from now until December 31 and then another one from January 1 to January 31.

The card was from 2008.  Does anyone else remember these once a year gifts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Little Something to Make your Thanksgiving Even Brighter

I remember those cards, all the hosts signed them and they were usually Hallmark cards.  Memories. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Yes...I remember getting those cards.

Now it doesn't appeal to me...the 6 easy payments.  I think it would be nice if they gave you a credit of some kind (wouldn't even have to be a big amount) or a coupon code for free shipping on an item or two.   Especially if you've been a long-standing customer.

A girl can dream, can't she?!

Valued Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

Today I was looking into one of my seldom used cookbooks and came upon this card from QVC.   It starts out with A Little Something to Make Your Thanksgiving Even Brighter.   Choose Easy Pay on Request and extend your Payments.  It then tells me that I can request 6 easy payments on any new item over $50.00 from now until December 31 and then another one from January 1 to January 31.

The card was from 2008.  Does anyone else remember these once a year gifts?

I was thrilled when I received one of those cards (Thanksgiving and again at Christmas) ...  Easy pays were few and far between so this meant you could buy something a little more expensive than usual.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM

Yep I remember thosecards signed by all the hosts. I thought it was a nice touch and made me feel appreciated as a customer Woman Very Happy.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@CLEM    I recall that the card you are speaking of was a little card insert which was inside a regular sized holiday card and that is what was signed by the hosts. Is my memory correct?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I remember getting them, too. In addition to the hosts, Murphy (Dan’s dog who was frequently on Dan’s shows) put his paw print on it. 

Respected Contributor

@Tique  I don't remember how it came.  It's been so long.  It's possible it was the way you recall.  But I do remember receiving a card also for my birthday with host's signatures and possibly an easy pay offer.  Since my birthday is also around Christmas time, perhaps they were all together.  But I don't really remember.

Respected Contributor

Who can forget Murphy?   

I guess the days of when QVC was sort of a very nice smallish company are long gone.

Honored Contributor

I too remember them.  However, even though the sentiment was nice, I didn't then, nor do I now consider Easy Pay to be a gift.