Valued Contributor

My mom bought this sweater the summer of "42 - the year she graduated from high school. Grandma thought it was too expensive - $30. I wore it during my senior year of high school over 50 years ago.  The buttons use to be red. I treasure it.  Mom had good taste. 

Moms Sweater

Respected Contributor

@mare54   That's a lovely sweater!  It goes to show how something beautifully designed never goes out of fashion.  What a wonderful memory to have of your mom too.❤️

Trusted Contributor
It looks like you have it in a frame? What a great idea!
Honored Contributor

It is beautiful.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

@cheriere I wish there was a label. Would love to know the brand name. There was never one on it and I never thought to ask mom. She's been gone for 10 years. She would have loved seeing this. Hobby Lobby did a great job with the shadow box. 

Valued Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 I had Hobby Lobby put in a shadow box recently. It turned out great. I cried when I picked it up. Worth every cent I paid!!!!

Respected Contributor

@mare54 wrote:

@cheriere I wish there was a label. Would love to know the brand name. There was never one on it and I never thought to ask mom. She's been gone for 10 years. She would have loved seeing this. Hobby Lobby did a great job with the shadow box. 

Having it framed like that was a wonderful idea!  They did a fantastic job too.  It looks like something you'd see in a fashion gallery.  I'd never have thought to do that!  Very clever!😊

Honored Contributor

@mare54  A beautiful keepsake. I noticed the detail on the neckline. Very pretty.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

That is a classic and could still be worn today. 

Super Contributor

That was a huge price for a sweater back "in the day," but it is lovely example of how high quality endures and is worth the price in the end. Your mom had great taste!