Respected Contributor

A Heartfelt Moment In The Day

[ Edited ]

While out doing errands today, I came to a stop at a red light.  Before the light could change, a county police officer put his car in front of our 2 lanes with the lights on.  He exited his car and held all traffic at the intersection.  I was the first car at the stop.

In a few minutes, 8 county motorcycle officers came through with their lights on.  Following them, was a funeral procession for a firefighter.  All the vehicles from the fire station had uniformed firefighters in dress suits and it appeared that the family was riding in the trucks.  After the procession finished, the officer stopping our lanes got in his car and followed with his lights on.

A few feet down the road, a large highway construction project was happening.   When I passed,  I saw that every one of the construction workers stopped, took their helmets off, and stood at attention to honor the firefighter.

That sight was so caring and moving for me I cannot imagine how much the family and firefighters must have appreciated it.

It was very special.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: A Heartfelt Moment In The Day

[ Edited ]

Thank you for sharing a lovely experience.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting about your experience today.  It's just refreshing to hear about people behaving in a respectful and civil manner.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha Your post made me tear up. What a meaningful moment.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Mersha Your post made me tear up. What a meaningful moment.

@Mersha,

Me too😢

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Mersha , it is so moving to see these first responders honoured for their service.  

In his earlier life, my father was an RCMP Officer.  Decades later, at his funeral service, completely unknown to our family, the RCMP led the funeral process from the funeral home to the church and from the church to the grave site.  We were very touched.  S

Honored Contributor

I am so glad that everyone respected the first responder and the family was able to witness those warm gestures.

Honored Contributor

It's a touching moment and we need more of those.  I'm so glad you shared it with us.

Valued Contributor

@Mersha Tears are streaming down my face... Thank you for sharing what touched your heart and now mine and other posters here. Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mersha RESPECT,  well deserved.  I am glad that you were witness to a good deed.