Trusted Contributor
On 6/3/2014 Witchy Woman said:

I caught the last 30 minutes of it and, I agree with the poster who said the dialogue was tedious (when you could hear and understand it). However, it was still fun to see them so young and fresh. They LOOKED so innocent.

I saw the movie in the theater and was swooning then. Also saw them in 1963 in St. Louis. The screaming drowned out all the music and you could hardly see them out in the middle of the field! They did not have the greatest sound or acoustic equipment then.

We didn't care.

Did anyone watch the following movie, Go Go Mania (Pop Gear in England). I hadn't heard of many of those groups, but it was fun to see. The DJ hosting was freaky looking!

After that, it was a Dave Clark Five movie, "Having a Wild Weekend." Saw them, saw the movie, have the album.

Sweet memories!

Jimmy Savile was indeed creepy. There is an ongoing investigation that indicated he was a serial molester and abuser. He used his position as a pop idol in the UK to lure young girls.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Regular Contributor

Re: George, Patti and Eric Clapton, the most recent documentary on George made the point that by the time Patti began her relationship with Eric George was so into spirituality that he wasn't much interested in s*x, and essentially gave them his blessing.

One thing I'll say for George, Ringo and John: their first marriages may have crashed and burned, but they all sure got it right the second time around.

Valued Contributor
I was a huge Beatles fan, but never cared for this movie.
Super Contributor
On 6/3/2014 boby said:

Re: George, Patti and Eric Clapton, the most recent documentary on George made the point that by the time Patti began her relationship with Eric George was so into spirituality that he wasn't much interested in s*x, and essentially gave them his blessing.

One thing I'll say for George, Ringo and John: their first marriages may have crashed and burned, but they all sure got it right the second time around.

I remember a quote of George's, to the effect that if his wife was going to be with someone else, he was at least glad she was going to be with someone who loved her and would treat her well. I SO wish he'd been able to quit smoking; it's possible he'd still be around if he had.

The movie brought back a lot of fond memories, but it IS pretty dated, and the sound is bad--I could barely understand the dialogue. I originally saw it when I was 14 years old.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

LOL, I saw this as I surfed, and I remember going to the movies to see this (notice I said "see" because we couldn't hear a thing{#emotions_dlg.laugh}) with a friend when I was a kid.

To think we panted over these guys with their bad teeth....{#emotions_dlg.crying}

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

This was the first time it has ever been on TCM.

Honored Contributor

They not only performed in what's now a classic movie .... but this included the first music video!

Regular Contributor

You're all looking at AHDN as adults.....

Think back to 1964, I was 12 and it was the biggest movie around.

Pretend you're a 12 year old screaming girl-then you'll see the charm of it.

A GIGANTIC Paul McCartney???????? Ahhh.......{#emotions_dlg.wub}

When the closeup of him singing And I Love Her" came on, the audience went into a frenzy...

I'd go back to that innocent time in a nanosecond, just to get away from all the c*ap that is called "talent" today.

Honored Contributor

Wrapping up their filming on a Hard Days Night this date in 1964! Standing behind George is his former wife, Patty Boyd, who she left for Eric Clapton!

Trusted Contributor

Paul certainly was a cutie.

I've read he may be quite ill.