Honored Contributor

Re: A Great Resource for COVID-19 Data - Johns Hopkins Data Map - (No political discussions please)

Haddon 9:   Yes, even the delivery trucks.  Who knows who was in there, loading and/or driving, who has a cold, regular flu, or worse.

Not much fresh air circulation in mail and/or delivery trucks.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: A Great Resource for COVID-19 Data - Johns Hopkins Data Map - (No political discussions please)

@SilleeMee wrote:

Handling mail...that's not how the virus is transmitted.

@SilleeMee  there is someone who started a thread elsewhere claiming that WHO said it can be transferred via cash.   I cannot find any such thing on the WHO website or anywhere else for that matter.  Have you heard of this?

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Haddon 9:   Yes, even the delivery trucks.  Who knows who was in there, loading and/or driving, who has a cold, regular flu, or worse.

Not much fresh air circulation in mail and/or delivery trucks.  

I haven't heard of any confirmed cases being postal workers. So I'm not concerned about my mail until I hear of that. The postal workers would get sick first, unfortunately, if there were an issue in the mail system. Has not happened at this point to the best of my knowledge. Anyone hear differently?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Yes, I do believe that I heard/read something about how cash money is 'dirty' to begin with.

I don't know the exact information, though. 

Could be that people have sneezed due to severe colds/flu, and are handling cash at the store checkouts;thus, the checker handing the same cash to the next person in line, etc., and so on, and so on.

So, it kind of makes sense to be sure to wash/sanitize our hands after handling cash/coins/etc.  

Even after using our credit cards, if we think about it. 

Maybe many of us have extremely good immune systems, but many (or some) of us might not.  

I do believe that being careful will help quite a bit.

Someone (a doctor or expert) on TV (was it on PBS?) last night mentioned something about children in general spreading cold germs and causing family illnesses.

So, making sure our children/grand children/etc., are washing their hands before eating and before touching foods on the table is a good idea.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Handling mail...that's not how the virus is transmitted.

@SilleeMee  there is someone who started a thread elsewhere claiming that WHO said it can be transferred via cash.   I cannot find any such thing on the WHO website or anywhere else for that matter.  Have you heard of this?

@Lipstickdiva 

I first heard about that here on this forum. But I have not looked into it any further. Money is a dirty thing anyway and it doesn't get cleaned like other things in life which get handled by so many people. Hand washing is always a good idea if you handle anything which gets touched by many people regardless of whether or not it can potentially be carrying the virus or any other infectious agent.

Honored Contributor

This COVID map is not accurate. It doesn't show any cases in my area at all....worthless.