Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Glimmer Of Light At The End Of A Hot Tunnel

@Desertdi wrote:

I am originally from Chicago.    The last time I visited for the holidays, it was 24 degrees BELOW ZERO.    (My relatives have all left there for Florida).

I don't "love" the heat in AZ......but it sure beats being freezing cold.

It could be worse for us in Arizona. It was 130 in Death Valley.

Respected Contributor

Here in Northern Virginia we had a heat wave that just missed breaking the record for the most consecutive days in the 90's by one day. My friends and I have been lucky enough to get reservations at our pool almost everyday since it opened. I have to chuckle at how quickly peoples' perceptions change. During the dog days, their reactions upon entering the pool was how warm the water was. Yesterday, after a couple of nights in the 60's, they acted like they were members of the Polar Bear Club! I love 3 of our 4 seasons, but could do without the humidity we have in the summer. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the four seasons club for sure!   I enjoy the summer but it's a short season here and that's fine with me because after a few months I am done........the older I get the less humidity I can take and it gets humid in New England.   I get bored with the same weather all the time.  I like all the seasons and I believe the trick getting through the winter is getting outside!  There is nothing like a beautiful sunny winter day for hiking, skiing or snowshoeing......the air is at it's most refreshing !  You just have to learn to dress for the cold.

Esteemed Contributor

The unrelenting heat and humidity here in NE PA has stop for now anyway.  Last night I was able to turn off all the fans before bed.  It was pleasantly cool sleeping.

Respected Contributor

We are just north of Pittsburgh.  I never thought i would get tired of blue skies and sunshine as we are known to compare our weather with that of Seattle.  

Our heat wave finally broke 2 days ago, but we are in a drought.  Seems it rains all around us.  I can't recall when we last got rain.

Finally in the wee hours of the morning it started to rain.  Couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I went out onto the deck and stood for a few moments; it felt so good.  We got a nice soaking rain for a few hours.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here in AZ the heat is one thing. But having to deal with dust storms on top of that is sickening to say the least.

download - Edited.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have had a BLISTERING summer here in Texas, yes even for Texas...We are breaking records or are near records....we long for our "normal" average 96 degrees for August.....Hopefully if things return to normal another month and a half to two months and we will start to get some REALLY nice weather.....Cant wait for October!!!  

Air Conditioning is a Modern Luxury, but is it Costing the Planet ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”