Respected Contributor

A Glimmer Of Light At The End Of A Hot Tunnel

This summer has been unbearably hot for so many and it seems like it has gone on forever.

I just went out with my dogs and the evening is downright lovely and cool here in Maryland.  I opened the window in my office and it is sooooooo nice.  I will sleep with a window open.  I cannot remember the last time that I was able to do this.

Hang in there with this heat!!  Autumn is peaking around the corner.  It will be here before you know it!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Glimmer Of Light At The End Of A Hot Tunnel

@Mersha ...Oh, I am soooooo jealous.  Where I live in AZ we don't dare open a window until sometime in maybe November.    When I lived in CA after having been born and raised in NY I knew I could never live on the east coast again.  One year when I flew back to NY to visit family it was 70 degrees in CA and upon landing in NY it was all of 10 degrees.  My first words to my father were, "I love you but can't wait to get on a plane to take me back."  Weather does that you you!!!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Where I live in the White Mountains of AZ it got to 96 today ( fortunately it's cooler now). We are keeping AC on 24/7; monsoon season is very late this year. Once that begins it's very pleasant.

Trusted Contributor

I used to have a cabin in Overgaard. Loved going up there in the summer to get away from the heat here in the Valley. Miss that sweet cabin, bur after my hubby graduated to Heaven I could not afford maintaining two homes.

Honored Contributor

I am originally from Chicago.    The last time I visited for the holidays, it was 24 degrees BELOW ZERO.    (My relatives have all left there for Florida).

I don't "love" the heat in AZ......but it sure beats being freezing cold.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the fall and winter is my favorite season.  I positively wilt in the summer.  l also prefer my winter wardrobe.  I love hats, coats, scarves and boots. I always dread the coming of summer.  I lived in the South for a few years and loved the people the scenic view and the activities. The weather was the only reason I was glad to move back up North.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not wishing the summer away.  It was very pleasant here in southeastern PA yesterday...in the mid 70s. 

It was hot & humid with  "real feel" temps around 100 last week but the nice thing is it doesn't last for weeks here.  

I like the fall season but really hate winter....it's cold, dark & dreary most of the time....I don't spend much time outdoors then except hurrying to & from the car.

Honored Contributor

While I am not big on the heat, I do like the change of the seasons. We definitely get that here in the midwest.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I am originally from Chicago.    The last time I visited for the holidays, it was 24 degrees BELOW ZERO.    (My relatives have all left there for Florida).

I don't "love" the heat in AZ......but it sure beats being freezing cold.

@Desertdi   My daughter lives in Chicago. We spent last Christmas with her. Being from the deep south we bought down coats and boots before we left.  I kept watching the weather and low and behold all we needed to take was a couple of light weight jackets. It was crazy how warm it was in Chicago. One day I checked and it was warmer in Chicago than where we live in north Georgia. That should have been a hint that things were going to get real strange soon. But I was in Chicago in 1993 and I thought that I would freeze to death it was so cold. Right now I would take a little of their cooler weather. 

Esteemed Contributor

What @jubilant said -- I love having 4 definite seasons.  Here in the Heartland, we sometimes get all 4 seasons in one week!  We had temps in the upper 90's to over 100 for a couple weeks.  Then yesterday, we woke to temps in the lower 70's with a cool breeze.   Ahhhhhhh.........  we can enjoy the next few days until summer hits again.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt