Esteemed Contributor

A GUIDE TO U.S. NEWSPAPERS PART 1

1.   The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2.   The New York Times is read by the people who think they run the country.

3.   The Washington Post is read by people who think they should run the country.

4.   The USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country, but don't really understand the Washington Post.  They do however, like the smog statistics shown in pie charts.

5.   The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could spare the time, and if they didn't have to leave L.A. to do it.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Regular Contributor

Re: A GUIDE TO U.S. NEWSPAPERS PART 1

Very funny. There is some truth to this.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

1.   The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2.   The New York Times is read by the people who think they run the country.

3.   The Washington Post is read by people who think they should run the country.

4.   The USA Today is read by people who think they ought

to run the country, but don't really understand the Washington Post.  They do however, like the smog statistics shown in pie charts.

5.   The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could spare the time, and if they didn't have to leave L.A. to do it.

I got the WSJ and USA Today for over 20 years, now I get NYTimes and WaPo. There is no better print news.  

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

Funny ....   Since I didn't see any credit listed, did you come up with this yourself?  If not, who wrote it?

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma -

That's funny and pretty right on!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   I wish I had come up with it myself,  however, I'm not talented in that direction.  I had it written in a book where I keep notes and finally got around to posting it.  Sorry I cannot say who wrote it, that info was not included in notes notes.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam