QVC Customer Care

Re: A Funny Situation Today at Ace Hardware.

Valued Contributor

This was the laugh I needed today.  It also makes me laugh to think about when this Ace employee tells the story to his friends about what the lady said today in the store!!

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I sure needed a good laugh today!  I love Ace hardware the associates are always so helpful & friendly...I'm sure they got a "kick out of you too"!

On the other hand:

I almost got "killed by the evil eye" yesterday -some folks just have no sense of humor in line at WM.

I have a close friend who is a cashier there so I saw her & got in her line.  As I was putting my few items up on the belt I said "Miss can you scan a little faster you are taking too long!".   The older lady in front of me didn't know what to do but she turned around and gave me the "evil" eye!

Then my friend said "You can go to self-check out if you want".  I said "Are you kidding I'm paying your $12.00/hour & Im not doing your job!". We were smiling when we were saying it very lighthearted.

This women and her daughter just focused on paying (they couldn't get out of the line fast enough) then turned around finally and asked me "Are you with the show What Would You Do?"

I said nope just having fun with a good friend.  Then she said oh I was concerned because one never knows and gee now its funny  even if were not on TV...have a good day!"

Both of us laughed as she took her sweet time checking me out!!!  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

Thank you for sharing and giving us all a good chuckle Woman LOLWoman Very Happy

P.S. BTW I didnt know Ace sold supplies for computers.....

My aunt would always shop at Ace Hardware....the employees were always nice and they had some unique merchandise you didnt see anywhere else.....

And right behind it was a Garden Center---in addition to some nice plants and garden supplies, as well as a shop kitty....they also carried unique decorating items for the garden.  

We enjoyed going to both stores, she was always fun to go shopping with..........Sadly my aunt passed away 4 years ago....I miss her.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  You're going to get me started again! Not computer supplies. It's "BLOW OUT" to clean your keyboard. "Pressurized air in a can." Nothing electrical; nothing techy. Have no idea if all ACE Hardware's carry it or just the one closest to me. We have several in this part of the City. IDK if they all carry the stuff. I like it and buy it once or twice a year.

ETA: Oh, I'm sorry about your dear Aunt.  Sounds like you two enjoyed some great shopping jaunts. Most of the Ace Hardware's in this part of the City also have cool kitchen areas, great paint depts., and huge Garden Centers. I buy all of my potting soils, mulch, tools and plants there. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady   I always loved going into the ACE store right down the road from where I live.  Have bought many things there.  They are always so willing to help you find what  you need.  

Heck, since I've become sort of handicapped and can't get around like I used to, recently I was in need of a new trash can for my kitchen.  Had the one I had for many years, and the lid wasn't working the way it should anymore.  So, I let my fingers do the walking for me.  The young man that answered the phone couldn't answer the question I had, so he turned me over to the manager.  When I told him my plight of what I was wanting, he immediately said he would check out the trash can because he knew the one I was wanting.  He came back and told me that they were not carrying it anymore, but did have one that I may like also.  I had told him that I was on a walker and have much difficulty getting around outside with that to get down to the store.  He asked me where I live, and he knew exactly where my complex was.  He said he would have it delivered to me.  So, we rang me out and within a half hour I had my new trash can.  It isn't anything like the original one I had, and really don't care much for it, but it will do for now.  

He did say that if there was anything I need, just call and they will see that I will get it.  He kind of chuckled at that point.  He said he would never forget who I was because they had never delivered a trash can to anyone.

I too have purchased light bulbs from them.....and got my toaster and Mr. Coffee coffee maker there.  

Did not know that you could get "BLOW OUT" there.  Will have to remember that.  That was so funny.  Did you by chance turn around to see if he was laughing?

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe  Aren't they the best? How kind of the manager (perhaps the owner/ operator) to deliver your wastebasket. Not many places would be so accomodating. Enjoy that trash can! Pretty impressive to have special delivery service . . . same day. You rate at your ACE Hardware. Ms. VIP aka ShowMe!  

We have so many colleges and universities in Lincoln . . . and school just began. Yes, the Ace by me has 'BLOW OUT' . . . but after today, they may stop carrying it!  

No! After I realized what I had said, I fled in horror. I'm 70 years old and was raised with "proper manners."  But it was so funny that I laughed all the way home and thought it worthy of sharing here. 

My son stopped after work and heard my story. His eyeballs rolled. Knew they would. 

He's delighted I'm still behaving like, "You don't have a care in the world and can see the funny side of life." <huge sigh of relief>  Love my little family!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

@BirkiLady My favorite part of the story is that you shop at Ace Hardware.

I think shopping locally is so good for the smaller stores where you definitely get the personal touch.

How great is it that they even welcomed you by name?

That's what I picked up from this story. Where I live now, rural, its like this everywhere I shop. Even when I go to the DMV they greet me by name when I've only been there once before. It's such a delightful way of life living rural now when I lived in the burbs of Detroit my entire life. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Am I the only one who doesn’t see humor in term “blow out”? I honestly don’t get it.  Regardless of to whom it is said. 

I love my local ACE store too. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn’t see humor in term “blow out”? I honestly don’t get it.  Regardless of to whom it is said. 

I love my local ACE store too. 

I don't get it either.  Unless adult humor is involved.