Honored Contributor

Re: A Fun, Superstitious Thought

Hmmmm. Could be.

Last year was the year of the Ox. Neither team in the 2021 Superbowl had an ox type name. 

The year of the ram is not until 2027, so the Rams will have to wait a while to benefit from the lunar year's animal.

I have a superstition that I need to tell people I love to "drive safe" when they leave my house. It started out as a habit, and now I feel a little out of sorts when I forget.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

See a penny, pick it up. All day long you'll have good luck. I pick up pennies, can't hurt.

Never kill a spider. It will bring you, or those close to you illness or death.

Honored Contributor

On the other hand, the Super Bowl is on February 13 (Sunday, not Friday).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe in coincidences/connections.  My DH and my mother have all 3 initials the same and the same middle name.  My mother's birthday is the same as my sister in laws married to my brother and to DH's sister.  Sounds like fate to me.

Correction:  Said DH and my mother,  I meant DH's mother and my mother.

@golding76  I would consider the Bengal Tigers and the year of the tiger as a definite coincidence/connection rather than a supersition.

Honored Contributor

You're right, KathyM23.  I agree with you.  I blurred the line because, I suppose, I was thinking that sort of linking of thoughts had the scent of superstition about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I can be a bit superstitious myself.   When growing up my mom and aunts would always have to leave a place out the same door they entered it in.   It was bad luck if you left by another door??   Crazy??  Maybe, but I tend to still do that to this day.