Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Fool and His Money are Soon Parted

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't do Christmas trees, so maybe I'm the wrong one to judge it.  But my biggest question isn't how appealing (or unappealing, IMO) the tree is, but what about makes it worth $700???

I'm all for people having what they like.   I just don't get the price.   Even if I loved it I can't imagine looking at it and thinking 'yeah, that's worth $700'.

We have a couple of Christmas trees in our house. One is in the formal dining room, on is in our sun room off the kitchen where we watch TV or use the computer and one is downstairs in our living room. For years I was buying artificial trees that I spent anywhere from $150-$200 on and I would also be replacing them every 2 yrs because something would go wrong with them. Whether it being a branch that broke off or  losing needles ( I don't know how that happens on a fake tree) something would always happen that would make me have to buy another one. Then about 6 or 7  years ago I went shopping at our local nursery not even looking for a tree and noticed they had some really gorgeous artificial trees. They were lush and the branches just looked great, like no other artificial tree I had seen. I usually bought my previous trees at Target or a store similar to that. Well that year I was going to have to buy two new trees because they were both broken down and looking a little busted. Instead of spending about $150-200 on a tree that I needed for our living room, I decided to get on of these trees at the nursery. The smaller tree was the one going into the living room and the large one was going into our formal living room which has really high ceiling. I got a 15 ft tree for that room and it cost around $4,000 and the 7 1/2 tree was about $800. So I have actually saved money by getting the ones that are more expensive because I haven't had to re-purchase one every couple of years. They were made by Balsam Hill and to this day, they are still one of the most beautiful artificial trees I have seen.

When I saw the prices of those trees, I thought it was ridiculous too but  I am very happy with how they have held up and I don't consider myself foolish at all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer a traditional tree. I don't understand why it is upside down. Is this a trend or making a statement of some kind?

ETA: I just went back and read all the posts so now I understand it is a tree for saving space. I guess that makes sense, but I still l don't like it.  If I didn't have room for a full tree I would buy a small upright table top tree.

Respected Contributor

@AnotherView2 wrote:

H 143024   It's a 7 and a half foot UPSIDE DOWN White Christmas tree for the price of $653.77 plus $44.72 shipping. 

h143024.jpg

A perfect title for your thread!

Honored Contributor

Another thought: this could really upset some little boy dogs. ROFLOL

Esteemed Contributor

I do an upside down tree.  First I did it to save space when we sold our house and moved to our condo but, then I liked it better and right side trees look odd to me.  We suspend ours from the ceiling....I really love it!  

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Good thing it's not available in black because I would definitely be the fool parting with my money.....I'm a big Halloween decorating fan, and I can picture this tree in black covered with orange ornaments.......awesome!!

There's always spray paint...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

There's a response here that's a perfect example of this.

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I prefer a traditional tree. I don't understand why it is upside down. Is this a trend or making a statement of some kind?

ETA: I just went back and read all the posts so now I understand it is a tree for saving space. I guess that makes sense, but I still l don't like it.  If I didn't have room for a full tree I would buy a small upright table top tree.

Theres also a history of upside down Christmas trees

thay goes back several centuries.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••