Honored Contributor

Here's an updated report..................

In the months before the killings, Perry said they had decided to mend fences. Her mother seemed more stable and they were planning to go to counseling together.

Perry had recently added her mother to the list of people authorized to collect the children at day care, but Perry's brother or sister was supposed to accompany Denison. The grandmother went alone, and day care workers said she was friendly and talkative as she loaded the children in her van.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/conn-woman-killed-gransons-left-hateful-note-article-1.1761...

And here's some more additional pieces to the puzzle...........

Brenda’s sister was supposed to go with their mother to pick up the boys, but Debra told her she wanted to prove herself to Brenda.

recapo.com/dr-phil/dr-phil-news/dr-phil-debra-snaps-kidnaps-her-grandsons-and-commits-murder-suicide/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I guess now I'm confused.  If the children's mother added her own mother to the list, was it with the stipulation the mother needed to be accompanied by someone else?

I can see that happening in the event of a divorce and the ex needing supervision--I guess, I don't know.....

But it the children's mother only verbalized to her own mother that she was being added to the pickup list, but had to be with someone else---the fault lies with the mother for not putting it in writing with daycare staff.

Honored Contributor

And the grandfather purchased a gun because his suicidal wife was worried about burgularies?