Respected Contributor

Re: A Dilly Of A Storm Is Brewing

Central coastal NJ here.  We're also to get the same storm/s with heavy rain, wind, hail and possible tornadoes.  I'm about 1/2 mile from the bay, but on much hirer ground so no issue with flooding.  However, my house is a corner property that faces the north and the side facing the bay is the east side, so I get the brunt of a nor'easter's wind and rain, or a storm moving from west to east, as this storm is doing.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids   That Petunia ia a smart kitty.  We have a small closet under the stairs. The cats make a beeline there when they get scared. We have to leave the door open enough for them to go in.  Petunia headed there at the first raindrop and clap of thunder.

Schools are getting out early in some places.  have never seen that with thunderstorm warnings.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Severe thunderstorms are forecast for today. here in NE PA.  The sky is getting dark and I can hear rumbles of thunder. The cats have not run for the closet yet so it might not be too close yet.

Don't mind rain, not wild about lightning, but I have grown to hate the wind with a bad storm. Is it me or has the wind been crazy lately?

I moved the car from under a tree next to the driveway. Don't need to find the tree on the HRV, lease is up in Nov. lol

Are you expecting nasty weather?  Everyone stay safe.

Yes, we are in the middle of a bad storm and I hate it !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

Central coastal NJ here.  We're also to get the same storm/s with heavy rain, wind, hail and possible tornadoes.  I'm about 1/2 mile from the bay, but on much hirer ground so no issue with flooding.  However, my house is a corner property that faces the north and the side facing the bay is the east side, so I get the brunt of a nor'easter's wind and rain, or a storm moving from west to east, as this storm is doing.  

@ciao_bella  I grew up in Monmouth County on the bay. 

Contributor

I, too, have noticed frequent strong winds in the past few years.

It seems that my hanging baskets are brought into the garage for shelter from the winds, more than they are outdoors where they should be!

In preparation for today's storm, I started laundry first thing this morning, so that if we lose power, my clothes won't be stuck in a stalled washer or dryer.

Honored Contributor

Everybody,The word Stay Home, save you by coronavirus. Vector banner with the text colored rainbow. The word Stay Home, save you by coronavirus. Vector banner with the text colored rainbow. stay safe stock illustrations

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Severe thunderstorms are forecast for today. here in NE PA.  The sky is getting dark and I can hear rumbles of thunder. The cats have not run for the closet yet so it might not be too close yet.

Don't mind rain, not wild about lightning, but I have grown to hate the wind with a bad storm. Is it me or has the wind been crazy lately?

I moved the car from under a tree next to the driveway. Don't need to find the tree on the HRV, lease is up in Nov. lol

Are you expecting nasty weather?  Everyone stay safe.

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Our wind was unusually bad all winter then Spring came, and it got worse.  Every day after day, it howls. Dust blows and smoke from the fires blows in.  Even my poor dog had a sneezing fit this morning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sky was looking brighter - so I took a chance to  "run" down to the deli.  It's a 10 minute round trip.

My timing was good - just as I was coming back into the building -  "breeze" was becomng "wind" and the sky is getting that strange "storm color."

---------------------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

NYC has "heavy" thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon  / tonight.

I had to run a quick errand around the corner .... sort of light drizzle at the moment.

I do have one "must do" outside errand that can wait until tomorrow.

My only "outside" commtments this week are Wednesday and Friday afternoons. 

Other commitments are all on Zoom .... weather doesn't matter.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just had a big thunderstorm with high wind (really high wind) and hail here in upper SC.  Very sudden and power is out.  Still raining.  going to check the fences for damage......

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Yes.  Bad weather.  Upstate NY.