Esteemed Contributor

A Dilly Of A Storm Is Brewing

Severe thunderstorms are forecast for today. here in NE PA.  The sky is getting dark and I can hear rumbles of thunder. The cats have not run for the closet yet so it might not be too close yet.

Don't mind rain, not wild about lightning, but I have grown to hate the wind with a bad storm. Is it me or has the wind been crazy lately?

I moved the car from under a tree next to the driveway. Don't need to find the tree on the HRV, lease is up in Nov. lol

Are you expecting nasty weather?  Everyone stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Dilly Of A Storm Is Brewing

Yes, also NE PA. I have a mammogram scheduled for 3:30. I hate that I have to leave my dog at home alone during a storm. I hope they got the weather wrong again, as they so often do.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in upstate NY and there is a severe thunderstorm warning on tv right now. The warning was so loud, it scared the cr@# out of me

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Please be safe, and so smart to move your car. Here in WA we do get some big winds but not like you folks do. Take care and hope Petunia will be okay, as well as your DD.

Respected Contributor

Yes, also in NE PA.

Honored Contributor

NYC has "heavy" thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon  / tonight.

I had to run a quick errand around the corner .... sort of light drizzle at the moment.

I do have one "must do" outside errand that can wait until tomorrow.

My only "outside" commtments this week are Wednesday and Friday afternoons. 

Other commitments are all on Zoom .... weather doesn't matter.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Severe thunderstorms are forecast for today. here in NE PA.  The sky is getting dark and I can hear rumbles of thunder. The cats have not run for the closet yet so it might not be too close yet.

Don't mind rain, not wild about lightning, but I have grown to hate the wind with a bad storm. Is it me or has the wind been crazy lately?

I moved the car from under a tree next to the driveway. Don't need to find the tree on the HRV, lease is up in Nov. lol

Are you expecting nasty weather?  Everyone stay safe.

Yes,  here in the DC Metro area we also have had what I deem way too much wind all the time.  I am a native Washingtonian and lived here all my life and never remember the incessant wind on mostly a daily basis.  We too are getting warnings of nasty, windy T-storm with possible tornado this afternoon....

Honored Contributor

We're also expecting wild weather this afternoon and tonight in SE PA.  There's a chance of hail and winds.  I googled "how to protect hostas from hail."  LOL.  The hostas look so nice now; I'd hate to see them shredded by hail.  The problem is that, if they're ruined now, I have to live with it the rest of the summer since they don't really bounce back.  They'll come back next year though.

Highlighted
Contributor

I, too, have noticed frequent strong winds in the past few years.

It seems that my hanging baskets are brought into the garage for shelter from the winds, more than they are outdoors where they should be!

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  It's just starting to blow here in SE PA. I brought in all my hanging baskets, the humming bird feeder and the plants I have not yet put in the ground. We'll see what happens. Stay safe everyone!