Esteemed Contributor

COVID had six strains?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: A Covid Question

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

Since there are at least six known strains of Covid if a Covid positive person undergoing treatment comes in sustained contact with someone, confirmed or not, that also has Covid but of a different strain what effects would the possible commingled infection have on the person being treated and their treatment protocol?

@Marp,  I just got an email notice that I thought might be of interest to you (or anyone here), since it's a Q&A and yours might be a great question for the medical team and the participants:

"Do you have questions about COVID-19 including vaccines, clinical trials, long-haul symptoms or the latest information about spread and prevention?   PatientsLikeMe Vice President and Senior Medical Advisor Dr. Kate Burke will be in the COVID-19 forum Wednesday October 7 through the end of the day Friday October 9 answering your questions about COVID-19, or Coronavirus. Feel free to post questions in advance for her to answer."

PatientsLikeMeCOVIDChat.jpg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

COVID had six strains?

Who knew?????

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

COVID had six strains?

Who knew?????

Not me, so I googled it. Seems to be a non issue. Which is good.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

Why ask here? Ask your doctor.

@Lali1 She asked here, because this is a discussion board, and she wanted to discuss it!

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Lali1 She asked here, because this is a discussion board, and she wanted to discuss it!

I had no idea 🧐

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@manny2   No-she asked a question.  Nobody here can answer that question; none of us are professionals in the field (pitdakota the exception).

This is what she asked.....

Since there are at least six known strains of Covid if a Covid positive person undergoing treatment comes in sustained contact with someone, confirmed or not, that also has Covid but of a different strain what effects would the possible commingled infection have on the person being treated and their treatment protocol?

So while a discussion can be valid, asking us about the different strains of COVID is beyond our expertise.

We will see various scenarios about COVID; some may be valid, some may not be valid and in the end nobody really has the answer.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I think doctors treat covid as a condition nonspecific for any strain.  People take cold /flu medications for symptoms they have from all different stains of the cold /flu virus, for example.

Honored Contributor

Well you see, the way this works is, ummm...huh?  Woman Frustrated 

Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Seems the discussion should be with those thst may actually have some answers.  Why spread more misinformation.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.