Honored Contributor

Re: A Conviction In The Etan Patz Case

@one RN many shoes wrote:

I am a NewYorker who followed this case from the very beginning. Read everything I could. Always believed it was housekeeper's friend -taxi driver-  convicted child molester. Civil case found him (Jose Ramos) guilty, later reversed. This jury took 9 days to convict after a hung jury last year. Pedro Hernandez has serious mental illness. Not convinced. 

@one RN many shoes  I understand what you are saying, but as I posted above, it was 11-1 for conviction by the hung jury.  And the Patzes, from what I've read, are convinced this Hernandez guy is the right guy and they now know what happened to their son.

I remember this case from the beginning also, even though I'm not a NYer.  So very sad - everything about it.

Honored Contributor

I am a NewYorker who followed this case from the very beginning. Read everything I could. Always believed it was housekeeper's friend -taxi driver-  convicted child molester. Civil case found him (Jose Ramos) guilty, later reversed. This jury took 9 days to convict after a hung jury last year. Pedro Hernandez has serious mental illness. Not convinced. 

I agree.  This case was in the local news for so many years.  That sweet little face was everywhere. If this conviction brings some form of comfort to the parents, then it was worth it.  I just do not believe the man convicted yesterday is the murderer.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm glad for the ruling, I wish it has come sooner.  I think his parents have learned to live with it.  Like with any death of a loved one (my daughter had a child that died) you learn to live with it.  You never get over it, you never move on, you never....... You learn to live with it.

@Annabellethecat66  I am so sorry about your grandchild.Smiley Sad  

Respected Contributor

I'm a New Yorker too and do not think Pedro Hernandez is guilty of this heinous crime.

Trusted Contributor

But he finally confessed that he did it?  So so horrible.  Do not let your children out alone.