Honored Contributor

Re: A/C temps: What’s Yours?

[ Edited ]

Daytime 76'

Nighttime AC is off.  I have a whole-house attic fan which  I turn on at night and that brings in cool air from the outside through any window I have opened. It has a thermostat on it so it will turn off automatically if it gets too cool inside the house. That's one of the nice things about living in Colorado. It gets cool at night during the summertime....we are a semi-desert location so that is expected.

Honored Contributor

72 day and night.  

Trusted Contributor

For me, 74 maybe 75 during the day but at night a wonderful 65.

Trusted Contributor

I'm in central FL. I suffer a bit, but during the day I set the AC at 78 and at night, 72.

If I could have what I really want, it would be day 75, night 68. I have ceiling fans in every room and dress (or undress) accordingly.

Esteemed Contributor

Ours stays at 73. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep mine at 73 during the day and 72 at night.  I also use ceiling fans.  I couldn't stand it at their recommended settings.  I would also never turn it up to 85 when I left.  I feel like my cat and dog would be miserable.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thoughout the warm months, 72 day and night keeps my home cool and the humidity out. I don't touch the thermostadt. Nor do I open windows, which lets in too much humidity (and makes the AC run more) and allergins (which drive me crazy).

As long as I've been paying the utility bills myself, this is the most economical way to keep the house cool that I've found.

I do the reverse in the cold months by keeping the house at 68 degrees day and night. 

ETA: No ceiling fans. We had them all removed years ago! Didn't like the look and my husband realized they simply moved air around. Did not cool any air at all and collected dust. Wasteful things where donated, given away or whatever.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I can just imagine what the Environmental Protection Agency keeps the thermostat on in their building. Those places are freezing. Probably below 70.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  All office buildings, especially medical facilities, are kept cold for a reason. To keep germs for multiplying. No one is healthy in a warm or hot  environment. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I don't have central A/C just a wall unit in my bedroom.   Downstairs I have a Dyson fan going in kitchen/family room area.  In my bedroom at night I set the A/C for 67 degrees.