Honored Contributor

Re: A Balanced Review of the Ashley Graham Interview with Hugh Grant

I don't even know who Ashley Grant is, but as a general rule the wannabes they dig up to do these silly interviews ask the most ridiculous questions.  

Honored Contributor

Silly. Hugh Grant has always been a bit grumpy. Plus British. Much ado about nothing, looking for controversy at an awards show that overall was tame and not outrageous.
Respected Contributor

This is up to interpretation. To be Hugh or not to be Hugh!🤣
Honored Contributor

• Much to do about nothing.  He didn't want to answer her stupid questions. It's likely he didn't want to be there.  For him, it was a work requirement.  So he didn't play along with it.  He was being funny in a purely British way.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a dog in this race. 

Speaking for me, I find this tempest in a teapot a distraction from more pressing worries. I've intended no harm in posting the Washington Post article.  Both "sides" seemed to be presented fairly, and the reader can fall on whichever side makes more sense to her -- or on no side at all because she sees and understands what might have transpired for each of the principals in the interview.

As someone wrote, mercifully, this was a benign Oscars presentation.  If this is the only drama/conflict that surfaced, great!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Hugh Grant and I like him even more after reading his responses to this silly interview! I have a soft spot for really smart, articulate, totally hot men. 😎

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I love Hugh Grant and I like him even more after reading his responses to this silly interview! I have a soft spot for really smart, articulate, totally hot men. 😎

Add talented to your list @Goldengate8361 .  Love his acting.  In this interview, I believe he was trying to be funny in a sarcastic way.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like no one did their homework on Hugh Grant.  He isn't known for being a good or easy interview subject.  He always seems slightly irritated so proceeded with caution!

Love Hugh's acting.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 I married one!  Can be a smart alec at times but always nice (nicer than me!Woman Embarassed). So both of us appreciated the silliness of this and the Hugh-mor of the Hugh Grant character. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 I married one!  Can be a smart alec at times but always nice (nicer than me!Woman Embarassed). So both of us appreciated the silliness of this and the Hugh-mor of the Hugh Grant character. 

😂🤣😂