Valued Contributor

Re: A Balanced Review of the Ashley Graham Interview with Hugh Grant

Sounds to me he's just acting like a regular guy and is unimpressed with Hollyweird and the self involved phonies, like most people are. I find it refreshing, and I've always liked him. 

Honored Contributor

I've never watched one of his movies.  <thud--I know!>.  And I have no idea who she is.  But isn't that what the red carpet is all about....*what are you wearing?*  

I don't know that either!  I've never watched the awards shows and I've never watched the red carpet shows.

I do remember Joan doing a show about the red carpet events and what people were wearing and I watched that a couple of times.

I remember years and years ago telling my husband that we must watch this movie!  It won the best picture award and so it had to be good.  Must see TV!!!

It was Silence of the Lambs.....

I watched most of the movie hiding behind my husband's shoulder.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

Sounds like no one did their homework on Hugh Grant.  He isn't known for being a good or easy interview subject.  He always seems slightly irritated so proceeded with caution!

Love Hugh's acting.

@Caligurll 

The few times I've seen Hugh Grant interviewed he always looked uncomfortable and ready to jump out of his skin ... like he'd rather be anywhere else than where he was.    Didn't think being British mattered.

Occasionally, actors are comfortable slipping into a character ... and uncomfortable being themselves.  Hugh is always awkward.  Some people just don't interview well.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the interview in real time  and I think he was  totally bored by the stupid questions,  that's not to say he wasn't rude because he was and is but. She was a terrible interviewer not just with him but with everyone.   

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I've never watched one of his movies.  <thud--I know!>.  And I have no idea who she is.  But isn't that what the red carpet is all about....*what are you wearing?*  

@Lucky Charm  - Your first sentence surprised me.  Smiley Happy  Since you've never seen Mr. Grant in a movie, may I suggest that you watch "Notting Hill" that he co starred with the beautiful Julia Roberts in 1999.

It's a romantic movie that you may enjoy.  They both did a great job in it.  

Trusted Contributor

HG - rude and arrogant and a pompus jerk.

Respected Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

HG - rude and arrogant and a pompus jerk.

@layla2450  Yes. Considering his age and seniority he must have seen or participated in red carpet interviews before. It is not a book club discussion. It is about movies,fashions, and designers. The eye roll was juvenile and rude. If you are so superior at least try empathy.

Respected Contributor

I chalked it up to him being a jerk. Always has been.